LG GT2 coilover tuning question... - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Autocrossing & Roadracing
Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG GT2 coilover tuning question...

Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Vettelover1990
CF Senior Member

Default LG GT2 coilover tuning question...

Good afternoon guys, installed my GT2s in a while ago and so far loving them. I just want to dial them in a bit more. Mostly street application but I'm throwing my drag radials on there and want them to be as stiff and as low as safely possible. So for the experts...

For the front:

I know the spring should not be able to wobble if the suspension has no load on it. I called LG to confirm this and they said as long as the spring has at least 1 thread of compression on it I should be good. Problem is I honestly don't like the massive 2 inch gap between the tire and the fender.

How do you correctly lower the front? and adjust stiffness?

For the rear:

I know there are 12 settings. I assume turning the **** all the way to the left is 1 and to the right is 12 is that correct?

Thank you for any input.
Vettelover1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '08

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettelover1990 View Post
Good afternoon guys, installed my GT2s in a while ago and so far loving them. I just want to dial them in a bit more. Mostly street application but I'm throwing my drag radials on there and want them to be as stiff and as low as safely possible. So for the experts...

For the front:

I know the spring should not be able to wobble if the suspension has no load on it. I called LG to confirm this and they said as long as the spring has at least 1 thread of compression on it I should be good. Problem is I honestly don't like the massive 2 inch gap between the tire and the fender.

How do you correctly lower the front? and adjust stiffness?

For the rear:

I know there are 12 settings. I assume turning the **** all the way to the left is 1 and to the right is 12 is that correct?

Thank you for any input.
The ride height is adjustable independently of the spring pre-load on the GT2's. You can thread the shock body (bottom portion of the shock) farther into the lower threaded cup to lower the car. Once you get the ride height set where you want it, you'll have to adjust the pre-load on the spring using the collar. I find it's best to just be able to turn the spring when the suspension is in droop.

Regarding the adjustments to shocks, right (clockwise) will stiffen the shock and counter clockwise will soften it. I usually start with the rear 2 clicks stiffer than the front and adjust from there.

For drag racing I always set the rear close to full firm and the front close to full soft so it would allow the car to transfer weight and plant the rear tires.
RichieRichZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRichZ06 For This Useful Post:
Vettelover1990 (02-17-2017)
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • LG GT2 coilover tuning question...
  •