Auto Blip and Road Course is Heaven....... - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Blip and Road Course is Heaven.......

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-25-2017, 05:35 PM
  #41  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Racing-Fan View Post
Just finished install on a 2002 Z06 this last weekend. Install was not too difficult other than the upside down in the footwell of the car part.

So far on the street it has worked perfectly. I am still playing with settings to get it just right. I will have a chance to try it on track at Thunderhill next month
Awesome good to hear....it would be sweet to see some videos of it in action
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:08 PM
  #42  
Mordeth
CF Senior Member
 
Mordeth's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 2,081
Thanked 859 Times in 531 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17
Default

Originally Posted by Racing-Fan View Post
Just finished install on a 2002 Z06 this last weekend. Install was not too difficult other than the upside down in the footwell of the car part.

So far on the street it has worked perfectly. I am still playing with settings to get it just right. I will have a chance to try it on track at Thunderhill next month
Best to adjust it on the track during a few warm up laps. I set mine originally based on my initial street testing, but changed it quite a bit once I got it on the track. The sweet spot for me seems to be a little less than half on both duration and delay.
Mordeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mordeth For This Useful Post:
Racing-Fan (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM
  #43  
sillycon
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: South FL
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

For anyone like me who just isn't wanting to use vampire taps or any other "splice" methodology, below are the part numbers to build a PnP harness for the C6 Z06. The parts can be sourced from mouser.com (prices listed are Mouser prices as of 4/25/2017):

APP sensor
CPA/Lock - 15317832 - $0.19 (1 req'd)
Female - 15326829 - $2.49 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 12191818 - $0.18 - (6 req'd)
20-24ga seal - 15366021 - $0.10 - (6 req'd)
Male - 15326833 - $1.68 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 15326268 - - (4 req'd)
20-24ga seal - 15366021 - $0.10 - (4 req'd)
16-18ga terminal - 15326269 - $0.20 (2 req'd)
16-18ga seal - 15366060 - $0.10 (2 req'd)

Brake sw
CPA/Lock - 15317832 - $0.19 (1 req'd)
Female - 15332132 - $1.26 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 12191811 - $0.16 - (3 req'd)
Male - 15332133 - $1.69 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 15304701 - $0.17 (2 req'd)
16-18ga terminal - 15304702 - $0.17 (1 req'd)

For the clutch switch (it uses a specialty connector which isn't readily available), I ended up just cutting both wires and splicing in a standard two-pin Weather Pack connector that I made a PnP setup for. Ditto for power/ground.

The various 16-18ga terminals are used where the AutoBlip wires need to coincide with the PnP harness wires (e.g. two wires on one pin).

Last edited by sillycon; 04-25-2017 at 06:39 PM.
sillycon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillycon For This Useful Post:
BigMonkey73 (04-26-2017), RDP Store (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:25 PM
  #44  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
For anyone like me who just isn't wanting to use vampire taps or any other "splice" methodology, below are the part numbers to build a PnP harness for the C6 Z06. The parts can be sourced from mouser.com (prices listed are Mouser prices as of 4/25/2017):

APP sensor
CPA/Lock - 15317832 - $0.19 (1 req'd)
Female - 15326829 - $2.49 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 12191818 - $0.18 - (6 req'd)
20-24ga seal - 15366021 - $0.10 - (6 req'd)
Male - 15326833 - $1.68 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 15326268 - - (4 req'd)
20-24ga seal - 15366021 - $0.10 - (4 req'd)
16-18ga terminal - 15326269 - $0.20 (2 req'd)
16-18ga seal - 15366060 - $0.10 (2 req'd)

Brake sw
CPA/Lock - 15317832 - $0.19 (1 req'd)
Female - 15332132 - $1.26 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 12191811 - $0.16 - (3 req'd)
Male - 15332133 - $1.69 (1 req'd)
20-24ga terminal - 15304701 - $0.17 (2 req'd)
16-18ga terminal - 15304702 - $0.17 (1 req'd)

For the clutch switch (it uses a specialty connector which isn't readily available), I ended up just cutting both wires and splicing in a standard two-pin Weather Pack connector that I made a PnP setup for. Ditto for power/ground.

The various 16-18ga terminals are used where the AutoBlip wires need to coincide with the PnP harness wires (e.g. two wires on one pin).

thankyou kind sir for your very helpful information for everyone
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:54 AM
  #45  
argonaut
CF Senior Member
 
argonaut's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Mechanicsburg PA
Posts: 1,023
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I drove my student's 07Z with the auto blip installed at WGI last weekend. Really liked it. Very easy to adjust, it just took a couple tweaks to get timing and duration correct at speed. I think I'll be ordering one soon.

By the way - I've concluded that very, very few people can properly execute a Heel Toe downshift. Most of us, including me, can make it sounds perfect and hit the rev match right on. But when you look at data traces what you see is almost everyone will release brake pressure as they move the foot to do the blip. The auto blip eliminates that and results in more consistent brake application.

Last edited by argonaut; 04-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.
argonaut is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to argonaut For This Useful Post:
BigMonkey73 (04-26-2017), z28lt1 (04-26-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 07:10 AM
  #46  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

RDP STORE is going to be at Chin Motorsports Memorial Day weekend at both Pitt Race and Mid Ohio. Let us know what you want and need at this event and if you need any track side help we are there for you.
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:23 AM
  #47  
Racing-Fan
Junior Member
 
Member Since: May 2015
Location: Galt CA
Posts: 20
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Just finished a weekend on track with the Auto Blip installed. All I can say is WOW! It worked perfectly on track in my 2002 Z06.

I took a driving coach out for a session and as we were coming in after the run he commented on how good my heal-toe skills were . I had to tell him that it was not me.
Racing-Fan is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racing-Fan For This Useful Post:
RDP Store (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 09:29 AM
  #48  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Racing-Fan View Post
Just finished a weekend on track with the Auto Blip installed. All I can say is WOW! It worked perfectly on track in my 2002 Z06.

I took a driving coach out for a session and as we were coming in after the run he commented on how good my heal-toe skills were . I had to tell him that it was not me.
thats awesome
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:02 PM
  #49  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

RDP got some awesome drive time at Chin Motorsports in an Auto-Blip equipped Camaro Z28 that we install for a customer at the Beautifully redone Pittrace in PA. The Auto - Blip work perfectly and was very easy to tune for set up. Definitly a great modification for all the venture to the roadcourse.

Last edited by RDP Store; 06-08-2017 at 12:03 PM.
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:35 AM
  #50  
Hotpursuit38
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by RDP Store View Post
Awesome good to hear....it would be sweet to see some videos of it in action

hey guys, new to forum... just installed one a few weeks back. i have a shaky video of it in use on track... works great!
a must do mod imho.
Hotpursuit38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:30 PM
  #51  
DUMAN
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DUMAN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Danville Ca.
Posts: 5,458
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default

interested in one are the promo codes still active?
DUMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DUMAN For This Useful Post:
RDP Store (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 01:38 PM
  #52  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DUMAN View Post
interested in one are the promo codes still active?


yes sir just use the promo code of blipsav
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:47 PM
  #53  
DUMAN
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DUMAN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Danville Ca.
Posts: 5,458
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default

Originally Posted by RDP Store View Post
yes sir just use the promo code of blipsav

does this need to be set up on the track or will steet tuning work on track?

Last edited by DUMAN; 06-15-2017 at 01:43 PM.
DUMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 PM
  #54  
Hotpursuit38
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by RDP Store View Post
yes sir just use the promo code of blipsav

dang it, no promo code here, paint 395$ it was worth every penny!!!
Hotpursuit38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hotpursuit38 For This Useful Post:
RDP Store (06-11-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:08 PM
  #55  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Vintage goodness in for tuning today and a great candidate for an Auto-Blip
Attached Images  
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:16 AM
  #56  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

RDP Store loves road racing as much as you do.....right now during the 24 Hours of Lemans race our .... blipsav ..... promo code is supercharger with more savings then ever. If you were put off the $395 price tag to be able to shift like a Pro.....check out our promo code to get it cheaper then ever and reduce those lap times. This off is only good till end of the 24 hour race
Attached Images  
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:03 PM
  #57  
Quickshift_C5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,484
Thanked 96 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RDP Store View Post
RDP Store loves road racing as much as you do.....right now during the 24 Hours of Lemans race our .... blipsav ..... promo code is supercharger with more savings then ever. If you were put off the $395 price tag to be able to shift like a Pro.....check out our promo code to get it cheaper then ever and reduce those lap times. This off is only good till end of the 24 hour race
Promo code doesn't seem to work, in fact neither one of them do.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 06-17-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Quickshift_C5 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:15 PM
  #58  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5 View Post
Promo code doesn't seem to work, in fact neither one of them do.
Hey Buddy.....I just double check and the "blipsav" promo code does work. Problem could be is if you tried to use both at the same time which our system wont allow. Only one promo code per order. Other thing is it need s to be in all lower case. But thank you for checking in
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:52 PM
  #59  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

We can not get over how well these units work, we love them and everyone we have sold across the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang and Viper guys loves them to. Dont be shy inquire about this unit and save big on through RDP Store
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:40 AM
  #60  
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
RDP Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,154
Thanked 80 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Here is the link to the install instructions for 2008-2013 C6 to any one who is interested or has already purchase....if you have any questions please let me know

http://www.auto-blip.com/pdf/2008_20...vette_v1_7.pdf
RDP Store is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Blip and Road Course is Heaven.......


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: