Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 02:18 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,325 Likes on 815 Posts

The Sprint race on Saturday will last 30 minutes and will therefore define the starting grid for Sunday's race.

22° C air , 36 track, rain risk 10%, Tyres C2 / 3 / 4 only 2 in C3 Medium Latifi Stappen.
collision Ocon Zozo, not great to beat Mcl especially that Lando has no pace, Alpine, a big mess ,contact Troll against V4

Haas had pace
1st row tomorrow for Merco, penalty for Carlito, 6th ICE

but beware, a mistake by Ham during the starting procedure, penalty? Cans can't change their set up.

Troll 10 s penalty, P17 tomorrow. Ocon's car caught fire after the finish. I usually don't like sprint races but I love it here

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-12-2022 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:06 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 743 Likes on 488 Posts

Stroll is going to get someone killed. He should continue racking up points until he gets a permanent ban. What a Jack-off!
Old 11-13-2022, 11:49 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Alpine
as we say here, the torchon is burning at Alpine and it is not an understatement to say it: Ocon's F1 car on fire after the sprint race, fuel leakage, probably due to the collision with Zozo, 2 collisions, Szafnauer is mad and Zozo has only one desire, to leave the team

Ocon tried to overtake Lando's McLaren in turn 4 of lap 1, Lando forced him wide and unfortunately, Ocon pushed Zozo aside on the vibrator, Zozo slid off and hit the right rear floor of Ocon's Alpine, causing significant damage. On the same lap, on the home straight, Zozo attempted to pass Ocon. Zozo hit the rear of Esteban's A522, damaging his front wing in the process, and forcing him to stop for a front wing replacement and the 2 Alpines tumbled down the order. Zozo acknowledged his mistake in front of the stewards, 5 sec penalty and start P18. The cohabitation with Troll is going to be delicate, two pilots who look alike in the end. Zozo: the man, happy when he joins your team, happy when he leaves your team and by trumpeting it Urbi et Orbi! Alpine should release him for Abu Dhabi with immediate effect! McL and Alpine 5 points apart before the start of the GP. And change of engine for Ocon but one already used will be set up for the start so 0 penalty.

Merco should share its strategy between the 2 drivers to beat Stappen, that's what they say. The degradation of the tires will make the difference, as well as the inventiveness of the strategists to manage undercut or overcut.

Tsu will finally start from the pit lane following a change of front, rear wing and floor.

Gasly lucky but until when ?

Strategy

Verstappen has an extra set of soft tires this Sunday compared to his rivals, which could prove to be a real asset during this 71-lap race, while his team-mate Sergio Perez has four sets of new medium tires. La Canette probably sacrificed a set of C3 Mediums in the Sprint to have a bigger strategic opening than Féfé or Merco.
Contrary to yesterday, hot track, 51° C.
Soft, soft then medium for Stappen and Soft Medium for one of the two Merco drivers and Soft Hard for the other?

Leclerc, Sainz, KMag, Schumacher, Troll, Schumacher et Latifi Mediums at start

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-13-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:10 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 755 Likes on 556 Posts

Agreed about Alonso...
Happy to join the team, then happy to leave.
Alpine should cut him now, but what a talent!
Both in driving, and arson.
I've never seen so many blazing bridges in my life.

Old 11-13-2022, 02:46 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Incredible race, Russy the new winner in F1 !!! 113rd winner in F1. a transfer of power within Merco ?

Formidable race, interesting, with the attentat of Ham against Stappen, or the contrary, i think Ham has do a fault, lack of room, but i don't understand Ricci, time to retired, contact Charles - Lando and the Féfé miraculously returns on the track. And Stappen refused the place ahed him to Checo !!! Stappen was ordered to let his teammate pass on the last lap, even though Checo had given up his place a few laps earlier. This was so that he could try to catch Nando, but he did not succeed and the team wanted him to return sixth place.
Checo on the radio "it shows who he really is". McL 0 point against Alpine !

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-13-2022 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BrianCunningham (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 05:58 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,425 Likes on 764 Posts

All in all a fairly clean race, except for Riccardo; WTH??? I don't know how Mags would have finished the race, but that was one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a long time. As you say, time to retire.

Well run race for Mercedes and Ferrari: well done by Leclerc!

One more to go.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 11-13-2022, 08:01 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Good news/bad news from my track adventure...
Bad news, my car crapped out mid way through the 2nd session on Friday.
Good news, I got to watch today's race semi-live.
Always DVR it, and give it 1/2 hour head start, that I might fast forward through that *sshole Croft, long shots of the crowd, etc.
Probably the most interesting race I've seen in a long time!

I didn't see Ricci's move as particularly outrageous... typical concertina incident at the start of a race.
Unfortunate that it took KMag out. Probably his best opportunity for a good finish all season.
I'm with BK and Brundle on the Ham/Crashappen incident. The Boy Champion deserved more racing room.
He certainly didn't deserve the extra 5 second penalty! Wasn't the early stop and new wing punishment enough?
Without the 5 sec, he might have finished ahead of LeClerc, and might have given Sainz a run too.

And how was Russel NOT driver of the day?!
He owned that race. A well deserved win, and fastest lap too.
And not bad for Alonso, a fine result, in spite of his sh*tty attitude...
BrianCunningham (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 07:23 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Hello Steve, i hope nothing wrong with your Vette !

Everything ends up knowing: Stappen refused to give the position back to Checo because he blames him for having put his car across to keep the P3 at Monac'! incredible, we learn 2 things: According to the information of the Dutch media, Perez admitted after with the Faust and Nosferatu of RB (Markus and Spice Boy), that he had made a deliberate spin during the session And that Stappen couldn't get the pole. Apparently, this is why the discussion took place internally for this ignored instruction but it is still leaked. Stappen would have confirmed in an interview after Sao Paolo that he had something to make Checo pay after a race!

When questioned by the media, Max Verstappen showed a sign of discomfort and admitted that he "had not forgotten". Stappen said "yes" when asked if there was a particular incident that caused him to disobey, without clarifying if it was Monaco.

"Edifying! Source: Tom Coronel and Viaplay, you can search. I can tell you that here, it makes noise and does not improve the image of The Can and Stappen, his titles appear tainted.

Russy was not informed the entire race that he had a water leak since the start. His retirement was imminent according to Merco! A victory can be hanging by a thread!

The stewards justified that Stappen did not have control of his car, he was in overdrive, in other words, even if Ham did not give him enough room, his maneuver was considered optimistic.

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-14-2022 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Steward decision #44 et #1
Old 11-14-2022, 08:14 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Interesting news, BK!

First, I discount the Dutch news: the last time this happened that was publicly announced resulted in FIA disqualifying teams from races, people getting banned from F1 permanently, etc. Verstappen had managed to gain some of my respect back this year, but his actions this weekend tossed them back in the dumpster.

I also was astonished that Russell didn't get the drive of the day award. Only thing I can think of is that Hamilton is really, REALLY, popular in Brazil, which probably pushed him to the top, although 17% seems like a fairly small winning percentage to me.

Russell's water leak makes me wonder that, fuel aside, I wonder how much farther these cars could go after a given race's distance.

BTW, our Corvette club took its last cruise of the year, right after a really strong cold front had blown through. We went up to the summit of Mt. Magazine, the highest point in Arkansas, for lunch and general fun. About 300 ft. from the summit we started seeing snow, and it made for some great scenic shots. I got this one (unfortunately not of our C7):

Y'all have a good one,
Mike
The following 2 users liked this post by VetteDrmr:
BKorsaire (11-14-2022), Pacha's Z06 RF (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 08:36 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Merci for this nice pic !
VetteDrmr (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 11:53 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

The confusion over the tyres error for Charles in the Q's, plus the non-performance of the Féfés against Merco at Interlagos would have already made Pinocchio's sacking official. All this seems to be the last nail on the coffin of Pinocchio. Leo Turrini, a journalist well introduced in Maranello, says it. A great frustration reigns in Maranello where the sports results are far from equaling the commercial results of Féfé. Elkann would have 2 names on his list:

Antonello Coletta, head of Ferrari's hypercar program,

Frédéric Vasseur, Alfa Romeo's team manager.

In my opinion, Pinocchio is not the only one responsible, he was not even at Interlagos but a whole, but here he is the director of sports management and the fuse to be blown, the scapegoat of the Ferrari mythology, it is him. In my opinion, he has too much responsibility, he is also involved in the PU and he does not have the soul of a sports manager, he should not have left this role, he is too nice where a Todt would have been merciless with his collaborators. He risks expiating for everyone.

Lando
His mistake about Charles is due to his lack of lucidity because I just read from his mouth that in 2 days, he almost didn't eat or drink and lost 4 kg, that he was physically exhausted. However, he doesn't recognize himself responsible for the accident. DNF : electrical failure

Ricci 3 places of penalty in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-14-2022 at 02:45 PM. Reason: translation
The following 3 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
BrianCunningham (11-14-2022), Pacha's Z06 RF (11-15-2022), VetteDrmr (11-14-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 08:08 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Checo's telemetry video has appeared on the web.

Checo in blue, Charles in red and his attitude is quite confusing, less fast than the others compared to the previous laps, arriving at the Portier, turn, little speed, a lot of steering angle and a sudden and complete throttle in the middle of the curve, with a peak that can reach 93%! this is the talk of the web! the technique to do a 360, and it is totally unrelated to the references of Charles and Stappen.

What is being said in the US about this? All this is very disturbing !
Old 11-15-2022, 08:46 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
What is being said in the US about this? All this is very disturbing !
Zero, BK, zero that I can easily find, which I take to mean that other than enthusiasts, US sports journalists have no interest in F1.

What does it mean? If FIA look into it like they did back in '09 (?), Perez is in real trouble. I expect Red Bull will throw him under the bus, claim their innocence and ignorance of what he did, etc. Verstappen will be justified in his petulance, and all will be well.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:22 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

First I've seen of that data too.
We're all relying on you, BK, to keep us up to date!
I suspected it was on purpose, but it didn't really seem in character.
Guess so....

As far as Harry Potter/Eraserhead/Pinoccio getting the sack...
He was the captain of the ship, and apparently selected imbeciles for his crew.
The 'Magic 8 Ball' would have made better strategy calls.
Goodbye.
He was probably paid more than I'll earn in my entire lifetime... No sympathy here.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:44 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

OFFICIAL
Schumi Jr OUT
Hulk IN.
Not a surprise. The only chance of Carbon Destroyer is the bad perf of Sargeant, not enough point to have the superlicence to drive for Wlliams.
A tout à l'heure for Abu prsentation.
VetteDrmr (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 10:57 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Here we are already back in Yas Marina, already a year, a year of controversy due to a man who played with the rules, setting his rules for a dramatic final and stealing the championship from Hamilton, according to, I quote, Ham's own words to Glock during an interview at Interlagos. Masi and Stappen are closely linked now for this WDC 2021.

This year, the race will take place against a backdrop of animosity at La Canette, and Stappen's mother did not fail to aggravate matters by declaring that Checo had made a cuckold of his wife during the GP of Monac' with Khrystyna, an Ukrainian model fanatic of him ! here is what will spice up the debates ! especially as to justify the refusal of the Boy, it is the Stappen clan that alerted the NL media that Checo had confessed this crash to his bosses. From there, Stappen would refuse to help his teammate in the race.

Meanwhile, as expected, Frankenstein Markus and Nosferatu Horrer, the progenitors of the little devil, have vigorously defended him by claiming that this scenario was never discussed before the race and blame Lambiase, Stappen's track engineer, by claiming that he only warned Stappen in the last corner that Checo had to be given his place back. This is not true, Lambiase asked for it at T6 on the last lap well before the last turn. It is necessary to preserve the soldier Max at any price! it is pathetic!

The circuit was deeply reworked last year, at T7, 9, 12, 13, 14 and we find the normal framework of a GP, without sprint race.

What are the stakes?
Of course, it will be necessary to expect team instructions from Féfé and La Canette, in view of the double for the poisoners and the 2nd place for Charles. We'll see if the ill-educated son will agree to obey them!

Will Merco be able to continue on its invincible and irresistible rhythm of Brazil to take the last victory of the season? and to take the 2nd place in the WDC? renault seems to be stronger than McL to win the 4th place, it will be necessary to finish the work and Alfa, whose leader is coveted by Féfé will want to finish in front of Aston. Haas has just signed a contract with Marvel and consequently, Hulk will have to change his outfit from green to white/red and will have to finish before Alpha T. La Petite Canette who seems to be very far from RB's performance. Ham will be starting his 200th race in F1 for the star brand - an all-time record and 20 more than the previous record set by Schumi Sr and Féfé.

The following 2 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
Nowanker (11-17-2022), thebishman (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 11:16 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

I saw the news about RB defending Verstappen on Racer.com and just shook my head. One of these days someone is going to say "No" to Verstappen and he's not going to know what to do (other than maybe throw a fit).

I would love to see Mercedes take the win and 2nd place in the manufacturers championship, for one single reason: I can't stand a system where teams are penalized for succeeding (having more restrictions on testing, development, whatever) and the subsequent work by teams to NOT do their best. Is it in their strategic interest to fail and finish in 3rd? Probably, maybe likely.

But it leaves a terrible taste.

On to Yas Marina!

Thanks again, as always, BK, for keeping us in the loop.

Have a good one,
Mike
BKorsaire (11-18-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 04:44 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Thank you Mike for your kindness, it feels good and of course I expect to be with you, dears friends for the winter tests and F1 2023. What worries me is not having any news from the OP, Sunsalem. Thanks to him for have open this thread !

The French TV F1 is very critical of Checo after analyzing the lap during which he ended the session at Monac', we heard the sudden acceleration at the Portier when the others were going smoothly, it is really disturbing.

FP1
33°C air, 46 track, humidity 28%, wind 1,4 km/h.
Arriving at Yas

A contrasting end to the season
Féfé which started with a bang is now finishing in slow motion, Merco which started with an excess of confidence and sure of itself has been overtaken but contrary to Féfé has been able to work, to find the right development processes to improve the car and to come back with a bang, thus crossing the performance curve of these 2 teams.

Alpha T did not concretize its good performances of 2021, the fault according to Pierrot to an excessive weight, +12 kg compared to the minimum of 790 kg that is according to him 3 to 4 tenths by lap, enormous!

It's rare to write that Zozo was dominated by his teammate, with, indeed, certain conditions like reliability but it's a fact ; Other than Ham, I don't think anyone other than Ocon can claim to have beaten him on points and i think Zozo will want to finish ahead of him to get ahead of him again in the end, a matter of intrinsic competitiveness and hubris, we all know Nando the Grouch but he really is a formidable competitor on the track, a beast as I call him, he should just shut up out there !

Rookies today Drugovitch, Doohan, Sargeant, O'ward, Fittipaldi, Shwartzman, Russian but piloting with an Israelian licence.

A session which will be calm because not representing the race conditions which will be night in part. The teams are acquiring data for 2023.

After 20 mn

it's still impressive what Lawson and Sargeant are doing.

Still 15mn

Special mentions, in fine, for Lawson and Sargeant in this FP1, great work, and also for Merco, very fast since 3 races.

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-18-2022 at 06:10 AM.
VetteDrmr (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 08:07 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

FP2
A new floor on the McL36, tests for 2023.

Ricci : surprise : Markus Cyclopus said that Ricci would be the third driver for Red Bull in 2023, but that he would have to be content with a reserve role and could also drive older cars in demonstrations.

Féfé : they still looked for the right tires at Féfé for Charles, they had the intermediate! and for Carlito, he was released while the gun was still working, without gravity !

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-18-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:26 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Thank you, BK, as always for the news from Europe!

I suspect Sunsalem is no longer with us.
He disclosed his poor health and bleak prognosis some time ago.
I'm not sure he would have even caught last season's bizarre finale, but hopefully he was able to enjoy the bulk of last season.
It was a good one.

The Thanksging holiday is coming next week, but it's important to appreciate every day!
Have a good one all!
VetteDrmr (11-18-2022)