Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Can someone explain to me why the ENTIRE Skysports feed was done by "F1 Kids"?
I was going to ask the same thing. I recorded both versions. But watched the kids version all the way through before I found the other. Very annoying graphics and commentary. I'll have to look more carefully next time it happens.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:57 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,341 Likes on 823 Posts

Dear friends, the season is over, the fireplace is crackling and it's going to be a long time without F1.

Ham has said, and I believe him, that the RB19 hasn't had any developments since August! and without forcing it, the Boy finishes 19 seconds ahead of the chasers who are testing new things! let's have a laugh: in 2024, everyone will have copied the RB19 concept when La Canette reckons it's been done with its development since the summer, and surprise, surprise, the little genius Newey is going to bring us an RB20 0 sidepod . It works immediately in pre-season testing. Merco's top executives are all going to climb Stuutgart's tower, with Toto in the lead, and rush down without a parachute!

Originally Posted by Nowanker
Maybe they're auditioning for replacements...
As if Croft isn't quite annoying enough.
...And that completely F'd up strategy call from Ferrari. Couldn't let the season end without one last blunder.
Pinoccio may be gone, but his spirit lingers!
To make up for the 4-point deficit on Merco, I had a feeling that Féfé was going to come up with his best strategy yet! And they did: bravissimo!

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-27-2023 at 01:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pacha's Z06 RF (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 11:49 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 765 Likes on 562 Posts

Other than at the front, it was an entertaining season.
Max earned his championship this time, no asterisks needed.
Perez failed to perform, but still came second in the championship... wonder if he's contemplating his future during the break.
Sir Lewis was frustrated all season, wonder if he's doing the same.
Sargeant should probably be out looking for a job already.
Don't think Ricci impressed enough at A-T to warrant the 2nd R-B seat. Might be stuck where he is, just to light a fire under Tsunoda's ***. Seems to be working!
I'd love to see Alonso next to Max. I think The Boy might still learn a few things from the Old Man.
It would be most interesting to see if the old ill-mannered Alonso would return, or if he could maintain that kinder, gentler new persona.
Until next season, Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by Nowanker:
BKorsaire (11-28-2023), thebishman (11-28-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 01:39 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Finally, McL re-signed with Merco for the supply of PUs, having negotiated a more active role in the development phase. All this after discussions with La Canette. A choice which seems logical, unless Honda had made clear its desire to get involved: the Japanese's participation, though acquired after the RB era, nevertheless seems vague in F1, and a McL with a Maranello PU ... that would have been strange, to say the least!

The following 3 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
Nowanker (11-29-2023), thebishman (12-01-2023), VetteDrmr (11-29-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 751 Likes on 494 Posts

One hopes the Mercedes engine is more powerful for next season as someone has to try and keep up with the RBs on the straights. It seems the RBs with a ‘tow’ and even without DRS are as fast if not faster than some other cars with DRS.

The flip side is aerodynamics of course; making the car ‘slippery’ but still with plenty of downforce. This is where Newey is ‘King’!
Old 12-03-2023, 02:17 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Have all of you guys watched the Brawn GP Keanu Reeves series on Hulu yet?

It’s a must watch for us F1 junkies. Highly recommended!!
Old 12-04-2023, 04:28 PM
E46Pittsburgh
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
Have all of you guys watched the Brawn GP Keanu Reeves series on Hulu yet?

It’s a must watch for us F1 junkies. Highly recommended!!
I watched the series last week. Very interesting and reminded me of what I forgot.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:42 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Bonjour à tous !

McL aficionados were stunned in the UK. McL, the oldest British team in Formula 1 and the brainchild of New Zealander Bruce McLaren, will soon be 100% owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain.

The parent company McLaren Group, which was then owned by Ron Dennis and Mansour Ojjeh, has since evolved and after several changes in shareholders, is preparing to hand over full ownership to Mumtalakat, Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund. Already holding a significant majority stake in McLaren, the Mumtalakat group subsequently confirmed that it was taking steps that would lead to Bahrain acquiring all the shares of McLaren's minority shareholders !

The mountain gave birth to a mouse: as was the case with the FIA's attempt to destabilize Toto Family and Merco! I wonder how the FIA has been managed since the departure of Jean Todt !

Merry Xmas to all

Last edited by BKorsaire; 12-21-2023 at 04:50 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
BrianCunningham (12-22-2023), Nowanker (12-21-2023), Pacha's Z06 RF (12-21-2023), thebishman (12-21-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 10:02 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,437 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
Bonjour à tous !

McL aficionados were stunned in the UK. McL, the oldest British team in Formula 1 and the brainchild of New Zealander Bruce McLaren, will soon be 100% owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Bonjour, BK, and a Joyeux Noel to you also! I have to say I'm saddened, but not surprised. Many like to point to Americans as greedy capitalists, etc., but I don't think I've seen another organization as mercenary as F1. They will sell to ANYONE with the funds.

Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a have a good one,
Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by VetteDrmr:
BKorsaire (12-22-2023), Nowanker (12-21-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 12:10 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

F1 is hibernating, but at least we're all still awake...
Happy Winter Solstice!
BKorsaire (12-22-2023), Joey Genitempo (12-27-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 06:30 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Bonjour, BK, and a Joyeux Noel to you also! I have to say I'm saddened, but not surprised. Many like to point to Americans as greedy capitalists, etc., but I don't think I've seen another organization as mercenary as F1. They will sell to ANYONE with the funds.

Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a have a good one,
Mike

Mike,

The whole of McLaren has been sold; road car and F1 team if I’m reading the news correctly. As an ex-pat I hate it, BUT better for the company to survive than die.

Merry Xmas you crazy F1 fans! lol

Bish
The following 3 users liked this post by thebishman:
BKorsaire (12-22-2023), BrianCunningham (12-22-2023), VetteDrmr (12-21-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 12:22 AM
Joey Genitempo
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Old school F1 fan in America, lol. I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m a Tifosi, since 76. I just thought I’d introduce myself before I started responding. Thanks for starting this all those years ago. Glad to see I wasn’t the only Bob Varsha fan. Watched him in the early espn2 days in the late eighties and 90’s when we first started getting F1 coverage in the states. Cheers!
The following 4 users liked this post by Joey Genitempo:
BKorsaire (12-27-2023), BrianCunningham (12-27-2023), Nowanker (12-27-2023), thebishman (12-27-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 08:17 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Well hello Joey, I don't know how you found us but you did ! Here, we're fans who live and breathe F1 passion and we love to discuss and comment on it! in good spirits. It's quiet at the moment, but it's about to pick up again.

So, welcome here and we look forward to hearing from you! :acclamations:
Old 12-27-2023, 08:20 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,437 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey Genitempo
Old school F1 fan in America, lol. I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m a Tifosi, since 76. I just thought I’d introduce myself before I started responding. Thanks for starting this all those years ago. Glad to see I wasn’t the only Bob Varsha fan. Watched him in the early espn2 days in the late eighties and 90’s when we first started getting F1 coverage in the states. Cheers!
Welcome to the nuthouse, Joey! You'll find BKorsaire (who lives in France) is an indispensable source of F1 news. Me, I provide opinions (you can be the judge of their value).

Also, you'll see I sign off "Have a good one". That comes from the thought that, regardless of how our day's going, there are lots others that are having worse.

So, have a good one,
Mike
The following 2 users liked this post by VetteDrmr:
BKorsaire (12-27-2023), Joey Genitempo (01-10-2024)
Old 12-27-2023, 12:39 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Welcome!
We're all free to post up our opinions here, and no one gets too bent out of shape when they differ.
It's a great place, and BK's info and insights from Europe are invaluable!
BKorsaire (12-27-2023), Pacha's Z06 RF (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 12:45 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Bye bye Guenther Steiner.

Im sorry to say, but he should have been fired 4 years ago.

They have an engineer running the show but something tells me Ottmar is on the phone with Gene right now!
Joey Genitempo (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 01:20 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Wow, I'll miss him.
The only better interview was Kimi...
thebishman (01-11-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Joey Genitempo
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

GS brash management style was evocative of Brabham all those years ago, just without results. I was always hoping he would go, I really believe he was the one who told Gene not to sell to Andretti. I don’t watch DTS, so I don’t know the shenanigans he pulled on the show, but I know he is famous for cussing. He got the team together and should have given up the reigns once they were rolling, but ego is a funny thing. I know it’s a dream but I hope Andretti can convince Gene to sell or allow him and GM to buy into it as they do in IndyCar. Gives Gene the factory support and Andretti has infrastructure and designers working right now.

Merge the two. What’s the worst that could happen?

Just my 2 cents
thebishman (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 02:07 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by D K
Bye bye Guenther Steiner.

Im sorry to say, but he should have been fired 4 years ago.

They have an engineer running the show but something tells me Ottmar is on the phone with Gene right now!
Only problem is that the ‘Engineer’ that you refer to is the Technical Director who is the person directly responsible for engineering the car which is where the problems lie, e.g the car is fast for one lap in Quali but then eats it’s tyres in the race; hence ***** results. The Technical Director should have been replaced years ago imho; not promoted to Team Manager.
Joey Genitempo (01-11-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 12:49 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Hello amigos of F1 in the USA.
Long absence on my part, very busy, a loved one is in the final stages of the serious vermin disease that eats away at you like a crab. I'll say no more. Except that it's painful and trying for us. I listen to Chet Baker, Miles Davis and Johann Sebastian Bach to escape mentally, while I miss F1.

Leclerc will be with Féfé for several years, Carlito would like to see himself with Audi, especially as the father has just won the Paris Dakar raid with Audi, which is becoming increasingly deafening, Carlito with Audi for 2025 or 2026, that's firmly under discussion at the moment. Discussions on Sainz's extension seem to be taking a long time, and in his place, should he leave for Audi, some replacements are being seriously considered by Féfé. There's talk of Pierre Gasly, but the 2 Frenchmen from Alpine don't seem to have any confidence in their team and don't seem to see the potential for progress that they'd hoped for, and neither do I !

A new circuit, urban again and again, Madrid 2026! F1 will look like FE, bzzzz. 2 GPs in Spain? Barcelona won't give up. But why abandon real circuits, real historic circuits?

Steiner? it was time to move on from circuses and clowns. He's been an excellent promoter and Haas merchandiser, but he should have been replaced at least 2 years ago. He brought something to the launch of Haas from scratch, but a new impetus is needed. Komatsu? remains to be seen, as he was already involved in F1, and he also bears some responsibility for the fiasco. Szafnauer? he's free, so why not!

Have you seen the ridiculous names of the Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo Sauber teams? Visa Cash RB and Skate F1 team...lol visibility was a lot easier just a few years ago.

I'm off to the Caribbean in a week's time, and I'll be following the pre-season tests on the beaches with my rum or between two escapades in the forests, I won't forget you! I'll be back for the 2nd race...I think, unless I stay in the Caribbean...lol but that's not out of the question.
The following 2 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
Nowanker (01-28-2024), thebishman (01-27-2024)