Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEMA: Sequential Trans Conversion, no trans removal, just a shifter swap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:33 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts
Default SEMA: Sequential Trans Conversion, no trans removal, just a shifter swap!

amazing

$2400
The following 2 users liked this post by STANG KILLA SS:
ferrmaro (11-16-2017), Radiologue (11-10-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

It's a sequential shifter but still requires the clutch.

Here's another one for $2k. http://www.s1sequential.com/product/...hifter-t56-gm/
Old 11-08-2017, 02:39 PM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Far as i know, ( correct me if I’m wrong ) but non of these fit c5-c7 applications. Unless the torque tube shifter assembly is the same at the shifter that bolts directly to the trans, Camaro/mustang etc.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:41 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

i believe it is. when i replaced the shifter on my C6 T6060 it looked the same as my T-56 shifter in my camaro. 4 bolts and a ball socket

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 11-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:38 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MX621
Far as i know, ( correct me if I’m wrong ) but non of these fit c5-c7 applications. Unless the torque tube shifter assembly is the same at the shifter that bolts directly to the trans, Camaro/mustang etc.
Website says the shifter can be remote mounted, so I assume it works with vettes.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

8. REMOTE SHIFTING

One of the best features of the Bremer Sequential Shifter is the ability to remotely shift gears. The freedom is unmatched by any other shifter on the market today. Years of R&D has been invested to achieve a clutter free set up which anyone can install, and drive with confidence. Just one push/pull cable is all that is needed. So mounting the gear lever next to the steering wheel or anywhere for that matter, has never been so easy, or look so good.
https://www.bremershifters.com/about
Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

The lower box on the C5 looks like this shifter would fit. The remote mount seems like a nice fix for using the vette transaxle and diff in a mid engine rear trans build like a GTM or something. Makes those build a little cheaper now.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Cap'n Pete
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts

That's awesome!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:40 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Deal breaker for me though was no neutral. Unless a 100% track car or damn close, I can't do no neutral. Some situations of traffic and red light length...upgraded clutch...I can't do no neutral. They said they are working on a neutral solution in the future, but nothing now. If it had neutral, I'd own it. I've been in contact with the one company for over a year waiting for this...very disappointed.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:33 AM
ferrmaro
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Deal breaker for me though was no neutral...
If you check out the video, the LED gauge does indeed show N when it was demonstrated. I suppose you would have to push the clutch in and ratchet the shifter back down the gears to attain it (which may be cumbersome), but I believe neutral is still available. I want one!
Old 11-16-2017, 11:54 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

A sequential box is like $20 grand. I think it very unlikely that our stock boxes can me made into sequentials for $2k. So what's the catch?

Last edited by fatbillybob; 11-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:46 PM
v10climber
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
A sequential box is like $20 grand. I think it very unlikely that our stock boxes can me made into sequentials for $2k. So what's the catch?
It's not a sequential box. It's a shifter that transforms the H-pattern into a straight forward/back motion. Still using factory transmission internals. If you build up a trans with dog ring engagement instead of OEM synchros then you could do clutchless shifting.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:58 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by v10climber
It's not a sequential box. It's a shifter that transforms the H-pattern into a straight forward/back motion. Still using factory transmission internals. If you build up a trans with dog ring engagement instead of OEM synchros then you could do clutchless shifting.

So I'm thinking there is no advantage to this unless you can downshift without using the clutch and or shift faster. With this H transformer I don't think either of those things are happening.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:32 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
So I'm thinking there is no advantage to this unless you can downshift without using the clutch and or shift faster. With this H transformer I don't think either of those things are happening.
Agreed, as it stands imho it's not saving any time, the only real benefit with the product as it stands now is to avoid possible missed shifts. Having said that though I would think that it would be fairly easy to figure out how to incorperate a strain guage and ignition interupt to briefly kill the ignition when up shifting which should allow for no lift shifting up.

What would be really neat and I would think relatively low cost is if this shifter company would work with the guys at Autoblip to tweak and bundle their software. If they could combine ignition interupt for shifts, with autoblip (for rev matching) on down shifts it would basically eliminate the need to ever use the cluch (other then to get going) and give you all of the benefits of a sequential at a very reasonable price.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
Agreed, as it stands imho it's not saving any time, the only real benefit with the product as it stands now is to avoid possible missed shifts. Having said that though I would think that it would be fairly easy to figure out how to incorperate a strain guage and ignition interupt to briefly kill the ignition when up shifting which should allow for no lift shifting up.

What would be really neat and I would think relatively low cost is if this shifter company would work with the guys at Autoblip to tweak and bundle their software. If they could combine ignition interupt for shifts, with autoblip (for rev matching) on down shifts it would basically eliminate the need to ever use the cluch (other then to get going) and give you all of the benefits of a sequential at a very reasonable price.
oh man that would make the 2K worth it
Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by ferrmaro
If you check out the video, the LED gauge does indeed show N when it was demonstrated. I suppose you would have to push the clutch in and ratchet the shifter back down the gears to attain it (which may be cumbersome), but I believe neutral is still available. I want one!
Strangely, the one person employed by the company had commented that there was no neutral feature. Even someone in that video commented below asking and someone presented themselves as an employee and stated no neutral unless clutch is used.

Need to email them directly.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my SEMA trip last minute. I was all booked and paid for...something happened, had to bail. 2 yrs in a row I missed it now....

EDIT: I rewatched the video, it does appear he hits some kind of neutral beneath first, then activates the reverse lockout then goes into reverse. Doesnt' make it clear though, and the commenter in the video also said it doesn't have neutral. I am buying this if it has neutral, 100%.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 11-17-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:41 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can spend $2k in better ways, but if it allowed for clutch less shifting I'd be in

Originally Posted by Werks

Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 AM
SHARKBITEATTACK
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw these guys while at SEMA as well. deff an interesting concept. Here's a vid I made.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:50 PM
DJFIN
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I spoke with Bremer directly. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for the corvette yet. They said Corvette is of the highest priority to them, but at this time it doesn't work.

Get notified of new replies

To SEMA: Sequential Trans Conversion, no trans removal, just a shifter swap!

Quick Reply: SEMA: Sequential Trans Conversion, no trans removal, just a shifter swap!