Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JOC Yellow Sway bars with Square tire set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:57 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default JOC Yellow Sway bars with Square tire set up

Anyone out there running the Johnny O'Connell (Yellow) sway bars with a square tire set up? I'm running Nitto NT01's 315 square and will be adding the JOC sway bars for Road course use.
I am assuming I'll start with the rear bar set to the middle setting and see how it handles but if any of you have experience, Please share.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Bossdog; 11-23-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Always start with the middle setting and then see if the pushes or is loose and then adjust accordingly. Sway bars only affect your mid corner handling (at transition). What shocks do you have?
Old 11-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
Always start with the middle setting and then see if the pushes or is loose and then adjust accordingly. Sway bars only affect your mid corner handling (at transition). What shocks do you have?
I have the Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers. For track I run them at 33% off Full stiff front and rear. Pfadt suggests a starting point for track use of 40% off full stiff as a starting point (both front and rear)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

The Pfadt starting points are usually pretty good for a baseline. Get a good feel for what the car is doing and pay attention to WHERE it's doing it. I'm assuming those shocks have a compression adjustment so I'd probably go with the 40% stiff front and rear and see how it feels. If the car pushes then give more compression in the rear. If it's loose then stiffen the front. If you are neutral....give it two clicks of compression until either your lap times go down or the car feels too stiff for you to control.
The following users liked this post:
Bossdog (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

I have 295s on all 4 corners with JOC shocks and sways. Car seems to have retained its balance, I find it easy to drive.
The following users liked this post:
Bossdog (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
I have 295s on all 4 corners with JOC shocks and sways. Car seems to have retained its balance, I find it easy to drive.
Thanks for the input. The JOC sway Bars showed up this weekend. Probably won't install them till spring. Can't wait for warm weather.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I ran the JOC and 315 nittos for years. I ran the rear bar full soft after experimenting. After I put on fully adjustable coilovers I disconnected the rear bar. My youtube videos usually list my suspension setup for my own notes, so you can see how it handles with different setups.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:51 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, I meant to just send you to my channel. I didn't realize it would embed a video. That video is with Penske's and the JOC front bar only. Look for stuff 2 years old on the channel for pretty close to your setup. JOC, 315 nittos, either Pfadt single adjustable or later Doug Rippie non-adjustable bilsteins both on factory leaf springs.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
YYZ06
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the JOC yellow sway bars and stock Sachs shocks. I run a square setup with 305/660 Pirelli slicks. I have the rear bar on the middle setting and haven't felt the need to change it. The car corners pretty neutrally and I can adjust the angle of the rear end easily with the throttle.

I tend to trail brake so I'm turning in with quite a bit of load on the front tires and I don't like a lively/loose car. I also run some rake on the car (maybe 1/2 - 3/4" higher in the rear, but have never accurately measured it).

Get notified of new replies

To JOC Yellow Sway bars with Square tire set up

Quick Reply: JOC Yellow Sway bars with Square tire set up