Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Guage

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

In our area we are fortunate to have Danny Kellermeyer and his shop available. He has a scientific pressure gauge he uses when teaching performance handling on Corvettes. He uses a 4" Longacre gauge at the track, I believe, and measures it every year against his scientific gauge. He notes the difference every years on the variation and when he races he recheck the tire pressures to the corrected pressures he prefer's. The last session I attended there were about14 of us at his shop and everyone had a different gauge reading at 35 lbs. It did not matter if you and a neighbor had the same gauge or not, every ones readings were different.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:16 PM
BigTim
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use what your comfortable with. There will be variances in anything mechanical. And really....does half a pound really mean anything to a daily driver? If yes that’s just OCD get over it.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:27 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

you can get a cheap one and calibrate it against an industrial manometer (5% accuracy). and dont check the pressure at a gas station. i have seen as much as 5 psi off.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Guage