Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here is a crazy four lap Spec Corvette Super Sprint race that turned into drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 01:55 AM
0Spec Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Here is a crazy four lap Spec Corvette Super Sprint race that turned into drifting

This a Facebook post on the Spec Corvette page from Oli Thordarson
This was a crazy race.
I was gridded P3 for our first standing start race ever in Spec Corvette. I was a dummy and I was looking away when the green came out and I dropped to sixth by Turn One.
I got great camera footage of very close racing action that turned into a drift fest. I am not sure why our cars are so loose at this track, but see for yourself. The cars are incredibly equal.

The following users liked this post:
PeteC7 (11-18-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,339 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Hard to pass with any degree of confidence, considering the sliding mayhem happening. All you can do is play follow the leader in fast mode. I assume that track gets sand and varying levels of grip and unpredictability, especially with off track ventures.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I assume that track gets sand and varying levels of grip and unpredictability, especially with off track ventures.
You pretty much nailed it. We were the last session of the day. The prior sessions were all HPDE and they mostly stay on the driving line only. By the time we got our race there were so many marbles and sand/gravel debris off of the driving line that it was hard to pass. On the third turn I went outside to try and pass the 06 car, but I quickly found out the grip wasn't there to be able to pass. That was the case on most all the turns.

Last edited by Olitho; 11-19-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:36 PM
0Adrian @ F.A.S.T.
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like great racing!

Get notified of new replies

To Here is a crazy four lap Spec Corvette Super Sprint race that turned into drifting

Quick Reply: Here is a crazy four lap Spec Corvette Super Sprint race that turned into drifting