Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Seat - Sanity Check

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:06 PM
Twill45
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Racing Seat - Sanity Check

I have read the Racing Seat Thread and am surprised that no one has attempted to use the MOMO - Start seat in their C6Z. This seat is FIA rated, minimal butt padding (I need to increase heard room - 6'2 with long torso) and is a decent price for a seat that I will only use during 6-8 Track Days per year. The plan is to use low mounts/sliders from a vendor like Marrad etc

When comparing the measurements to other seats that fit, I do not see any issues other than the front seat width (520mm). Does anyone run a seat this wide or foresee a reason why this seat would not work?

The following site has the measurements in MM - https://www.torqued.io/momo-start-racing-seat
Old 03-03-2021, 01:20 AM
jw1
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I see a lot of Sparco Evo seats at events. I have an Evo II LF on Marrad sliders and I gain quite a bit of headroom when I remove the bottom seat cushion which just velcros in place. I am 6' 3"
Old 03-04-2021, 03:48 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 283 Likes on 218 Posts

i considered buying the Momo seat for the right hand side of my C4 (RHD) as they do have favourable sizes in both the Start and Super Cup seats.
Unfortunately actually being able to buy one is a problem, I see the link you provided has none in stock.
When I approached the Momo dealer I was told these seats are not currently being produced due to Covid issues in Italy.
I see that Summit has 2 of the Super Cup seats but none of the Start seats in stock.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Boosted_Z
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blackozvet
i considered buying the Momo seat for the right hand side of my C4 (RHD) as they do have favourable sizes in both the Start and Super Cup seats.
Unfortunately actually being able to buy one is a problem, I see the link you provided has none in stock.
When I approached the Momo dealer I was told these seats are not currently being produced due to Covid issues in Italy.
I see that Summit has 2 of the Super Cup seats but none of the Start seats in stock.
lol, Amazon has plenty for sale with prime shipping (mono start) . Just bought one for a kart about three weeks ago. Took 3 days to arrive. They are what they are, very lightweight but little small for a 38” 6.5” guy. In a kart, it’s ok. For the Vette, I have Cobra seats on AMT rails. Gained headroom and even more leg room in my c6! Could not be happier !

Last edited by Boosted_Z; 03-04-2021 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:28 AM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Fwiw, one of my seats is a sparco circuit which comes with dense seat base foam- put my helmet into the roof. I reduced the foam thickness 1-2” and actually made replacement pieces from a memory foam mattress topper in lieu of the flat parts of the dense foam. This made a significant reduction in seating height, improved comfort, and effectively increased bolstering.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:54 PM
Twill45
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jw1
I see a lot of Sparco Evo seats at events. I have an Evo II LF on Marrad sliders and I gain quite a bit of headroom when I remove the bottom seat cushion which just velcros in place. I am 6' 3"
Sparco has awesome seats, I was just hoping to stay in the $500 range. The EVO seat appears to only be 10mm smaller across the front than the MOMO Start. Is it safe to assume that your seat would still fit if it was 10mm wider in the front?
Old 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
Twill45
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Boosted_Z
lol, Amazon has plenty for sale with prime shipping (mono start) . Just bought one for a kart about three weeks ago. Took 3 days to arrive. They are what they are, very lightweight but little small for a 38” 6.5” guy. In a kart, it’s ok. For the Vette, I have Cobra seats on AMT rails. Gained headroom and even more leg room in my c6! Could not be happier !
I don't suppose you tried to put that Start seat in your Vette? Also, which Cobra seat did you go with?
Old 03-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Boosted_Z
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Twill45
I don't suppose you tried to put that Start seat in your Vette? Also, which Cobra seat did you go with?
Never put the Start seats in the Vette but I’m pretty sure they would fit. Momo Start seat is 10mm wider at base and 20mm wider on top but has less butt room, lol

I have Monaco pro seats (yes, FIA rated) which are wider Inside seat area which was my deciding factor— 15.5” for Momo start and Monaco Pro are 16”. I’m a 38” waist and the Momo seats are quite tight for me. BUT I have room between the sides of the seat base in the C6 with Monoco seats- easily 1-1.5” of space so 10mm being less than 1/2”, they would fit fine.

Last edited by Boosted_Z; 03-04-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Racing Seat - Sanity Check

Quick Reply: Racing Seat - Sanity Check