C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Cheap wood wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 03:11 PM
Hank
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cheap wood wheel

I have a 66 NCDS convertible and my steering wheel is a cracked up black plastic piece of junk. I want to add a teak (or teak-like) replacement. Originality is not an issue. Has anyone found a good source for a repro or similar looking wheel or do I need to shell out the $600 for the real thing (and then worry about it being stolen).

Thanks
Gerry

PS -- in the National Corvette DRIVERS' Society (NCDS) we update parts to be modern and high performance where we want to and we drive our cars a lot.

PPS -- I'm NCRS also and learn a lot there too.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:44 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Default Re: Cheap wood wheel (Hank)

I would say GRANT steering wheels the one in my car is a grant you can see it in my web site not org. but i think they have one tho.Here is the web site You want CLASSIC SERIES when you get to the site. http://www.grantproducts.com/idea.html

[Modified by Stephen DeFazio, 1:49 PM 8/12/2001]

[Modified by Stephen DeFazio, 1:50 PM 8/12/2001]
Old 08-12-2001, 09:41 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Cheap wood wheel (Hank)

I have a Superior deep dish walnut wheel on my 66. They were available at most auto stores in the midwest (when I bought it 12 years ago). I have the original pristine 66 Corvette wheel stored away for the day when I prefer to have a correct skinny wheel that is too close to the dash, and so large in diameter that you can't put your knees together, and your jacket rubs on the door panel when you corner. :lol: It cost about $60 back then - including the adapter. Even JCWhitney used to catalog them. To see it, click onto my web page (below) and click garage photos. They also come without the deep dish, but I am 6'4" - and I need the knee room. ;)

Get notified of new replies

To Cheap wood wheel

Quick Reply: Cheap wood wheel