C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 07:47 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,977 Likes on 1,957 Posts

Default Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!!

A few of the C2 Forum members came over to the house today so we could have a cool little manly tuning and beer-drinking session. We did carbs, distributors, timing, tuning, and more BS'ing and beer drinking (now.... we're talking GOOD beer here... none of that stuff that says "light", "non" "low" or "free" on the label) than you can possibly imagine in your wildest dreams. My neighbors hate me now, but they'll remember the weekend from all the black marks in the road outside my house (okay, okay..... all the guys were really cool, and I did all the black marks myself... the other guys laid down the black marks two blocks away just out of hearing distance of the State Trooper that was parked right down the road....).

This is what Vettes are all about: Some great comraderie, enjoying the cars, and having some fun together. I had a great day, and there are some rumors that Kurt, Steve and Jeff may be posting some COMPLETELY falsified photographs here on the FORUM sometime this evening. Whatever they post: DON'T BELIEVE A THING!~!!@!.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:37 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (lars)

Yeah....ok, Lars. You drank so much beer you forgot how to spell "toadally"........

So....let's see. A 64 coupe with a nicely built 350. A very original, '66, 427, 390 (MileHigh66), and the Silver Beast all came together today to play. Oh, yes, indeed.... :yesnod: And....they all left much better for it all, Lars!!! But, folks on this Forum must know you for your "real" self. :lol: :cheers:

This was a fun day, and, Lars...you are toadally right....this is what is all about!! Steve, Kurt, and me are lucky you are so close...and that you don't care for unbeer....

To you...... :cheers:
And to Steve and Kurt..... more...... :cheers:

Jeff
Old 10-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Milehigh66
Pro

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (Blkblt)

Had a great day, the vette runs great and as always Lars was a great host. I think he may have dented my headlight in that photo but thats O.K. turns out my carb needed alot of work and Lars did a great job as usual. the LACK of ego in Lars is unbelievable, he is a rare breed. really enjoyed meeting Jeff(blkblt), great guy and to my buddy steve(frannsteve)who I have known for 26 years now, you are all great. Cheers :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kurt
Old 10-14-2001, 09:43 PM
Brutal64
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (Milehigh66)

Boy I can't remember when I've had a better day. Awesone company. Lars is a genius, and a joy to spend time with, and you just don't find that too often in people who can match you beer for beer. Jeff (blkblt), it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and I hope too spend more time with you and your 66 (beautiful car) real soon. Kurt (Milehigh66) I'll see you this weekend and we can rehash this day all over again. :cheers:
Old 10-14-2001, 10:20 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (frannsteve)

Like I said, guys, the photos are TOEDALLY falsified...!@ Eh... I was just checking the vintage on the beer before I opened it for my good friends Steve, Jeff and Kurt.... yeah... that's it....!

Hey Jeff - Throw up a couple of the REAL shots with all those Vettes in the driveway (whatever drunk may be in the picture is just, eh..... my NEIGHBOR... yeah.... that's the ticket..)

This was GREAT fun today. Steve (frannsteve) came out with a BRUTAL '64 smallblock car that he recently picked up (hopefully blkblt will post a couple more shots here... c'mon Jeff!) and gave a ride to my neighbor in the interest of Vette social promotion (the poor guy was SHAKING when he got out of the car...).

Kurt (Milehigh) has an incredible original BB car that somebody had done a little "creative" carb repair on.... A run to the hardware store and a HeliCoil later, and the car was running awfully strong. We even yanked his T.I unit out, disassembled the whole thing, and set it up to blueprint specs. His red C2 roadster is a complete BLAST.

Blkblt (Jeff) has been feeling a little depressed lately, so he whipped out the charge card and bought a new Demon carb for his 427. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough parts laying around to do the carb swap and post some performance results, but this is coming up shortly here on the Forum: actual before and after performance numbers on Holley vs Demon.... ya' gotta' stay tuned for this one...! So we used Jeff's BB car to lean against while finishing off all the beer: I'd sure hate to fall over...!

What a kick...!! Is this the greatest hobby in the world, or what??

Old 10-14-2001, 10:51 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (lars)

Ok, ok.....

Here is Steve's (Frannsteve) nice 64. He recently saw the light and sold his '68 for the '64 so he could...in honesty...enjoy and contribute to the C2 Forum.....real folks with real cars. :D :D :rolleyes:

And, Lars is right. I should be honest in these photos...yeah, thats it. His neighbor.... :cool:

:cheers: :crazy: :p:

Jeff
'66, L72
"the Silver Beast"
Keep on :seeya :seeya :flag

[Modified by Blkblt, 8:53 PM 10/14/2001]
Old 10-15-2001, 10:48 AM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Colorado Cool Aid :D You guys are living the life :cool:
Old 10-15-2001, 11:30 AM
Brutal64
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (Blkblt)

Lars' neighbor, yeah right, his neighbor was probably the only one that I talked to that day that was sober. :cheers: (Not to imply that we were driving impaired, we were all very responsible.) :cool: Thanks again for the hospitality Lars, we will have to do that again.
Old 10-15-2001, 02:09 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (frannsteve)

Playing with these cars on a beautiful fall day with a good group of guys is about as much fun as you can have. Tuning Vettes with Steve, Kurt and Jeff is like working on cars in the middle of a comedy act: These guys are absolutely insane, and I was laughing so hard I was blowing beer bubbles out my nose...! What a riot! Yes... we certainly need to do this again... as soon as my sides quit aching.... :lol:
Old 10-15-2001, 10:07 PM
RichF
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '04 & '05

Man, I wish I lived out there!! :D :D I'm jealous.......... :cry
Old 10-15-2001, 11:59 PM
1_this
Advanced

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (RichF)

Hey :cool: Lars.....

Want to come East and see the Ocean :D :D :D ?. While you are here in between :cheers: Fishing and :cheers: maybe you could help me with my can since I am an :jester when it comes to tuning.Oh did I mention we have :cheers: here in North Carolina?

Promise you a saltwater fishing trip you won't forget for a long time!!!
:D or :U

Horace
Old 10-16-2001, 03:40 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (1_this)

Rich, Horrace, and other East Coast guys -
I've been wanting to do an east-coast trip for several years, so we might have to put together an east coast tour for some tuning and social events with the Forum. There are a few of you in the NC area, and quite a few in NY, and both those places would be great for a little vacation stuff combined with some Vette tuning. We'll have to stay in touch...
Old 10-16-2001, 03:54 PM
Kid_Again
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah, lars...you are clearly welcome to the garden spot of the country, that land of unbroken grandeur and splendor, SOUTH jersey - due east of philly....but 'ya gotta pick sometime in spring, unless you want to hang in north carolina for 3 months (life could be worse)... :yesnod:

send me mail so's i can participate in the "lars tour 2001-2002" ...the martinis are clearly on me :cheers: :cool:
Old 10-16-2001, 03:54 PM
68shark
Burning Brakes

How about a swing north to Toronto?? You have many Canadian friends in this general area who would love to do the driveway tuning/beer thing. It's on the way (sort of) to New York area....to hook up with the other guys. We do the beer/driveway thing really well here......except in winter....
Old 10-16-2001, 04:58 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (68shark)

I think we have the makings of a most spectacular summer vacation here.... Some great people and fun cars in some fantastic locations.... eh.... on second thought..... Kid may not apply to that last statement.... but Martinis could certainly make up for that :yesnod:
I'll start a subtle propaganda campaign with the warden.. eh.. I mean wife... The east coast and northern border tuning tour 2001 sounds like it would be a simply incredibly great time...!
Old 10-16-2001, 07:10 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

Hey, Lars.

This is working out great!! I'll volunteer to tote your bags and be your straight man on this venture..... But, I have to agree about South Jersey...with all due nods of joy to Kid.... :yesnod: :lol: :crazy: :jester :p:

'Course Donna may disagree......

Jeff
'66. L72
"The Silver Driveway Beerswilling Beast"
Keep on :seeya :flag
Old 10-16-2001, 09:32 PM
Brian Matheis
Pro

DAMN I WISH I LIVED IN COLORADO!!!!!! I could not think of anything, and I do mean ANYTHING (okay, except maybe one thing!!!) I would rather do on a beautiful, sunny, day than hang-out with other "vette guys" and a "tuning guru" like Lars!!!!

I will be a proud sponser of the "Lars 2001-2002 Power Tour" if it stops by Southern Indiana on the way out to the East coast!!! I've got some Rolling Rock and Coors Extra Gold in the "beer fridge" right now. Would that be enough to temp you or not???!!! Brian

Get notified of new replies

To Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!!

Old 10-16-2001, 09:43 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!! (Brian Matheis)

Brian & everybody -
You guys are too much - absolutely great. Really. Every tuning session I've had with Forum guys has turned out to be the biggest, most entertaining blast ever. Can't wait to do some more!!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:16 PM
RichF
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '04 & '05

I have plenty of room in our house (and in the driveway) for guests, but I hope you don't mind Margaritas :D - There's some nice stuff to see out on Eastern L.I. , and I know a certain '66 BB that could always use a little extra TLC....... :D :D
Old 10-17-2001, 03:33 AM
90EXPVette
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lars, forget about the east coast, midwest, you and your wife need to do a tour of Europe (Especially Italy) I've get plenty of beer, pretty good selection of wine too :D

That truly sounds like a good time you had...hanging out drinking brewsky and working on Vettes!! Too cool :D

Joe

Quick Reply: Toedally great, insane, tuning session at Lars' house today!!