C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

FREE restoration package info from GM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MT helmet
Have some one from here get for you. then they can mail it to you.
Joe offered to after my post, and I took him up on it!

Package got to his place safely, and is now on it's way up North. Way to go TEAM!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Mikey65
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my package from GM and had a question... why do they need your VIN #? Why couldn't I just say I have a 65 Vette and get the same information?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:43 PM
JoeCool66
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyandem1
I just got my package from GM and had a question... why do they need your VIN #? Why couldn't I just say I have a 65 Vette and get the same information?

I can only assume they are either trying to limit one per car or are confirming you really have the year car you claim. Either way, I think it’s a waste. They should just put this info on the web and allow downloading. You’d think they would realize they’d save a fortune in Fed Ex shipping costs…
Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
fester
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Resto Package

I just came across these threads regarding the resto package from GM. I gave them a call and got to a gentlemen who had no idea what I was talking about or if a service was available. He gave me two different phone numbers to call, one was to the Helms people and the other to GM Media Archives. He also told me there could be a fee if I got anything from GM. I'm going to call again on a different day and hope I get someone different.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

cool. What info do they send
Old 05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
I just came across these threads regarding the resto package from GM. I gave them a call and got to a gentlemen who had no idea what I was talking about or if a service was available. He gave me two different phone numbers to call, one was to the Helms people and the other to GM Media Archives. He also told me there could be a fee if I got anything from GM. I'm going to call again on a different day and hope I get someone different.
Call the (800) number and ask for the "Free Restoration Package".
Old 05-28-2008, 01:48 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 729 Likes on 623 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

unless they've changed what they're sending out, i got the 'package' for my 62 several years ago and it wasn't worth the price of the free phone call.
Bill
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 PM
JoeCool66
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep… it’s priced just right. You get a bunch of spec sheets, available options, date code info and other misc stuff. All are bad photocopies… not an original document in the bunch. Not bad for free stuff but not worth it if you had to pay anything. It is called the “Free Restoration Package” and it is free…or it was just a little over a month ago.

I wouldn’t loose any sleep over it if they stop the service or start charging. It is all information you probably already have…
Old 05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
OC-1
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Default Maine, of course!

Makes sense the info was mailed form Maine. Probably Old Town. If you have an OT canoe you can look at the numbers stamped into the stem and stern, call the OTC co store and they will copy the original work order going back to the first canoe they ever made. I got my documentation for a 1936 OTC. Too bad a modern car company can't match the old canoe company.

GM asks for the car's VIN? hmmmm, maybe they are rebuilding their files!

Quick Reply: FREE restoration package info from GM