C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Odessa,Midland Texas members????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Odessa,Midland Texas members????

It looks like that next month we are going to moving to Odessa to take care of my wife's grandmother,and just trying to get a feel for the area,tracks close by,the Corvette happenings in the area,clubs,members,etc.
Also,I have been in contact w/some realators,but does anyone know of a 3000 sq.ft. building,or larger w/office space,bathroom,etc. for rent/lease?We are going to rent our house,and my shops,so not looking to purchase at this time,but we are probably going to stay in the area even after my wife's grandmother passes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have 2 69s to finish up here in the next month,then have to hire transport trucks to get all the cars there,so looking at the end of March.
Thanks,and looking forward to meeting some of ya all hopefully.I have worked hard to make what I have a reality,so this is kinda exciting,but scary too.The one good thing...nearly all my business is set up around the internet,so as long as I have a shop to do my builds,and paint work,and a computer for sales...well...I have a business.Thank God for that.
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM
ZLX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midland boomed during the 70's and 80's, as did all of Texas, on the back of Oil Production... by about '87 the big boom was over. Midland/Odessa and the Permian Basin was a more oil market dependent area than other Texas cities...but they are still vibrant.

I expect the cost of living there to be very wallet friendly..

The National Headquarters of the Commemerative Air Force is
there... guys who restore Warbirds instead of Corvettes.I would
guess brother Gearheads none the less. Perhaps hooking up with them
you might find some help in locating a building- Im sure you will find
kindred spirits there.

CAF website:

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=commemerati...irforce.org%2F

Good luck.... West Texans have always been the States friendliest
group.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link to the airplane guys.Greatly appreciated.

Your last comment about west Texas being the friendliest....EVERYTHING is better in Texas,esp. west Texas.Just ask my redheaded west Texan wife!!!
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 AM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,003 Likes on 493 Posts

Two good things about Midland, Texas that I know about: La Bodega Mexican Restaurant on North Big Spring, north of downtown, neat restaurant with average yet adventurous food (raisins in my Chile Rellenos ?) and the Jim Hall/Chapparal museum which (I believe) is part of The Permian Basin Oil Museum. And there is always the childhood home of George Bush.

Get notified of new replies

To Odessa,Midland Texas members????

Quick Reply: Odessa,Midland Texas members????