C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Plug for Zip's Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM
shemp
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Plug for Zip's Corvette

I don't know if anyone recalls the problem I had w/
my wiring harness. It was sent to me wired wrong
at the voltage reg.,the brown and orange wires in
the connector were flip-flopped. It took me quite a
while and approx. $300 to figure it out. I contacted
Justin @ Zip's and he said he would take care of it
even though it was manufactured by M&H Electric.
Today he kept his word. I ordered $427 worth of
parts for my rear end rebuild and the bill came to
$127. I commend Zip's for standing by there products
and there customer service even in these trying times.

Shemp
Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

Shemp - I also dealt with Justin from Zip and also received good customer service. An order of mine included side emblems for my '61. They're listed as being sold as a 'pair' but only one showed up. Emailed them and asked if the catalog was wrong and they were sold individually or if there should have been a pair in the package. They said there should have been two emblems and they'd take care of it. A few days later the package arrived but in it were a 'pair' of emblems, not just the single I needed to round out the order. Contacted Justin to say thanks and told him I had already put in another order and if he would just include a prepaid mailer, I'd be glad to send the 'extra' emblem back. He responded and said 'no problem, you can keep it'.
Good customer service.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Default Another Good Comment

I too have dealt with Zip's in the past, had a part quality issue, and Dave Walker (owner) stepped up and took care of the issue. Therefore I will be a Zip customer from now on.

It is refreshing to deal with folks who have integrity....

Fred
Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
joe@zip
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

These are the things we like to hear from our customers. From our about us page: "No Hassle". Customer service is much more than making sure orders ship and parts arrive on time. The true test of whether a company has a real "No-Hassle Guarantee" is when a "real problem" occurs. On those unfortunate occasions, we move quickly to reach complete customer satisfaction. That's customer service the Zip way.
Corvette Tech Articles
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Great to hear, I've been a Zip customer in the past, but I thinks it's been some time since I've bought anything there. It's actually been some time since I've bought much period.

But, just sent off for a Zip catalog for my mid-year!!

Ron
Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Glasshole
Burning Brakes

I buy everything from Zip. Good prices. Great customer service. They are always quick to respond to questions and concerns.

Bob
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Uncle Ralphy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gl*******
I buy everything from Zip. Good prices. Great customer service. They are always quick to respond to questions and concerns.

Bob
Me too!! And it's good to see that they are reading our comments and responding.

Al
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Tempus_Fugit
Racer

Started my '65 project with another vendor, they were OK, but slow to ship and sometimes forgot items and I would have to call.

I recently moved all of my business to ZIP and have been very pleased with the speed, quality of parts, and minimal backorders. When I'm a few K more into it with them I'll beg for a discount, should have started with them, and I would already have it.

One bummer is that they always include a $5.00 off coupon for a faxed in order. I don't have time to work up a fax, I am more of a fill my cart for a few days and place the order when I really need something kind of guy.

Originally Posted by Uncle Ralphy
Me too!! And it's good to see that they are reading our comments and responding.

Al
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I always had excellent service from Zip in 1981-83 when restoring my Vette.

In fact, by the time the car was done Wayne knew me by name (which is not always a good thing cause it means you are spending big $$$$ )

At my very first show after completing the car in 1983, some fine citizen stole an inexpensive rubber part of my hood latch. When I went to the Zip booth to buy new ones (and 'cause I needed to gripe to a compassionate ear), they just handed the new parts to me and thanked me for all of my previous business.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gl*******

Bob
haven't used them yet...will do in the future..thanks.....
Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
joe@zip

Originally Posted by midyearvette
We would love to have you as a customer.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 PM
bmcnitt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most of the vendors that guys on this website use are pretty good. I always seem to gravitate to ZIP because in my opinion thier website is so much more organized and easy to navigate then most of the others. Some of the other vendors are good companies but it is pretty hard to locate what you want quickly. With ZIP you select the C1 or C2 and then the drop down menu takes you right where you want to go.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Mossy66
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by midyearvette
Ditto
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM
obx2323
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zip had always been great to me. I didn't know they even existed until 3 months ago. I get next ground because I am so close and their staff is always willing to answer my "stupid questions" too. Great bunch of folks. I read a story just lately of how they started out really small at shows and grew. You don't do that in any economy without satisfied customers. Quality is tops too and correct me if I wrong but they try to "Buy American"

That phrase is coming back..!!

2 Paws up for Zip

Last edited by obx2323; 03-28-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
joe@zip

Originally Posted by bmcnitt
I think most of the vendors that guys on this website use are pretty good. I always seem to gravitate to ZIP because in my opinion thier website is so much more organized and easy to navigate then most of the others. Some of the other vendors are good companies but it is pretty hard to locate what you want quickly. With ZIP you select the C1 or C2 and then the drop down menu takes you right where you want to go.
Just wait until you see the NEW website coming out.

Originally Posted by obx2323
Zip had always been great to me. I didn't know they even existed until 3 months ago. I get next ground because I am so close and their staff is always willing to answer my "stupid questions" too. Great bunch of folks. I read a story just lately of how they started out really small at shows and grew. You don't do that in any economy without satisfied customers. Quality is tops too and correct me if I wrong but they try to "Buy American"

That phrase is coming back..!!

2 Paws up for Zip
There are no "stupid questions" and we are willing to help out with any question or need you may have. Heck, we even help people with problems they have with parts they buy from our competitors every day. If we don't know the answer, we'll find it.

We ALWAYS try to buy American if possible. This is a principal not being practiced by many of our competitors so be sure to ask before you buy. We even print our catalogs in the U.S.A. when outsourcing it to China (like some other Corvette companies have) would save us many thousands of dollars a year.

Get notified of new replies

To Plug for Zip's Corvette

Quick Reply: Plug for Zip's Corvette