C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Coated headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Coated headers

I have headers on my '63 now, but they are full length. I need ones that will bolt up to my new side pipes.

Does anyone know if one of the ones from Speedway Motors will work. I know they offer coated rams horns. but they are too expensive and I don't really like the looks of them. I'd like to get a normal looking header, so I was wondering if anyone has a set that they would recommend.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stahl has headers designed for side pipes but they are pricey and they still need to be coated........ all total you will end up well north of $1000...... probably closer to 1300 or 1400

I have heard of Hedmen headers for sidepipes that you will still have to weld in the connector pipe from the header to the side pipe but that can be had for way less than the Stahl's can be had for. Not sure where their collector is but if a collector is outside of the car rather than under it you will probably not be able to use your factory covers

Doug
Old 03-29-2009, 05:25 PM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Thanks Doug, but I'm looking for just a set of shorty headers that have the same termination as the stock rams horns. I know they won't help performance as much as the ones I have now, but I think they will look better than the cast repro stock rams horns that I could get for about $60 each.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:58 AM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:17 AM
raytex
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Hedmann headers for sidepipes and a set of new factory style SS side pipes.
I will get the side pipes modified to fit the headers.
The Hedmann collector is behind the front wheel and wont interfear with the covers.

Ray

Last edited by raytex; 03-31-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by KC John
Anyone have any ideas?
Might want to check out Sanderson headers. www.sandersonheaders.com I have used their shorties on street rods and I don't see why they would not work in your application. They come in coated,plain and chrome. Good Luck.

Fred
Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Nev Williams
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KC John
I have headers on my '63 now, but they are full length. I need ones that will bolt up to my new side pipes.

Does anyone know if one of the ones from Speedway Motors will work. I know they offer coated rams horns. but they are too expensive and I don't really like the looks of them. I'd like to get a normal looking header, so I was wondering if anyone has a set that they would recommend.
Patriot 8027-1 are the straight plug version of the headers below & they fit a treat in the corvette.

These block hugger headers I put on my 66 are Patriot 8019-1 block hugger made for angle plug D port exh heads (I fitted the trick Flo heads, so straight plug headers did not work. (I found out the hard way and had to exchange them for the angle plug versions).
Coating on these is HPC ceramic coating which has not discoloured in the slightest after 1000 miles. I was also looking for a less "bling" look than chrome and these fit the bill nicely - sort of a semi satin silver colour.
Neville
Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
wenmaxjr
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coated headers

I went with Hedman 68286 ceramic coated headers with my stock side exhaust. About $450.

Wendell
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To Coated headers

Quick Reply: Coated headers