C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Meeting John Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
bigearl56
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Meeting John Z

As most of us know our friend John Z was nominated for the Corvette Hall of Fame. The Corvette Hall of Fame was established by the National Corvette Museum in 1998 to confer official recognition upon the most influential individuals in the history of the Corvette and honor their achievements. I along with my wife Linda we were present last Friday evening to witness John's official induction into the Hall of Fame. Wow! What an evening. John spoke about his career and his love of Corvettes. He also gave thanks to those who love and helped him.
After the ceremony was over, I hung around until the crowd dispersed and got meet and shake John's hand. I can tell from that short meeting John is a "gentleman's gentleman"
Congratulations John and thank you for all you do and what you have done.

Earl
Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Talisman51
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unselfish contributer and great asset to the hobby.

Congrats John!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
67vetteal
Melting Slicks

Received 99 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi Earl, Hope you made Carlisle. I couldn't! I always stop by to say Hello to John at Carlisle. Your words are right on the Money. Great American fella, all the way. Al W.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations John - I can only imagine what that must have felt like.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM
lspencer534
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I've never met John, but he has been an invaluable expert whenever I needed him. Thank you, John, for your generosity and expertise!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
wib1961
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts

I too ,unfortunatly, am in the catagory of never having actually met John,but do feel like he would be the same type of man that we see on the forum- ALWAYS willing to help and ALWAYS having the expert information,not to mention the super pictures. He has given me advice several times over the years and I always found it to be right on.No one could be more deserving to be in the Hall of Fame than he.So it is with pleasure that I say WAY TO GO JOHN!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Congratulations John!!!!!

I had the great pleasure to meet John and have a nice chat with him at Carlisle this year. He is an incredibly modest man in spite of all his knowledge and stature in the Corvette community. There is an aura about him and you know you are in the presense of a Corvette legend/genious when talking with him. He is a fine gentleman, and I am proud to be able to say I know him. Believe me, there is nobody more deserving of induction than John, he is a true man of the people.

Congratulations John, and thanks for all your continuing contributions to enrich the hobby for the rest of us!! Best regards, Pilot Dan
Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Pierre
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Never meet John, It would be a great honour to meet him, got so much help from him. Maybe next year at Carlisle.
Pierre
Old 09-07-2009, 08:25 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

John is top notch..all the way! A legend in the Corvette community and mentor to all on the forums he associates with. John represents what is so hard to find these days....a master who takes the time to share his craft and knowledge with others to better those who care to listen and learn. Thanks John for listening to our questions and answering with informative data, a cool vintage picture and no condescending attitude or snide remarks, even if it is the 100th time the question has been asked.

Congrats on your induction to the Hall of Fame, your most deserving! P.S, plus you have great taste in personal cars...67 vert and a 69 Z/28..(great minds think alike )

R/
Jeff
Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Jimbo64
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by bigearl56
As most of us know our friend John Z was nominated for the Corvette Hall of Fame. The Corvette Hall of Fame was established by the National Corvette Museum in 1998 to confer official recognition upon the most influential individuals in the history of the Corvette and honor their achievements. I along with my wife Linda we were present last Friday evening to witness John's official induction into the Hall of Fame. Wow! What an evening. John spoke about his career and his love of Corvettes. He also gave thanks to those who love and helped him.
After the ceremony was over, I hung around until the crowd dispersed and got meet and shake John's hand. I can tell from that short meeting John is a "gentleman's gentleman"
Congratulations John and thank you for all you do and what you have done.

Earl
we love this guy-he has bailed me out more times then I want to remember. It amazes me that an individual can have this much knowledge and has the willingness to share it so freely. an honor well deserved--------congrats john we owe you a lot of waves
Old 09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
jlagarde
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John, ditto all of the above. Being a neophyte to the hobby and this forum, your posts have always struck me as coming from a man who has been graced with a great amount of knowledge but more importantly a modest demeanor. These accolades have confirmed that.

Congratulations!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Congrats John. Thanks for all the help you have provided me.

Vette Daddy
Old 09-08-2009, 04:03 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Thanks for the kind words! It was quite an experience, just a little steak dinner with 945 Corvette friends, followed by a tribute video done for me by Bob Lutz, my old boss, then the induction ceremony; all very humbling and exciting at the same time. Some photos below of my showcase display, portrait up on the wall of the Dome, plaque, etc. Thanks to all who provided testimonials and support for my nomination and selection!
Attached Images     
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 832 Likes on 576 Posts

Congrats John..

Wish i could have made it to San Jose in July...Maybe i could have shook your hand.
You have given me some excellant advise in my 1st attempt at restoring my car...

Thanks

Jack
Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Congrats John

Big Sierra Hotel.

Get notified of new replies

To Meeting John Z

Quick Reply: Meeting John Z