C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1967 Bulkhead Clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
southerncal67
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 Bulkhead Clip

Hi All-

I was trying to re-connect the wiring harness back onto to the top bulkhead (located on the firewall just above the battery) last night and broke the white (plastic) clip clean off both the top and bottom. I have searched all of the big OEM distributors but have been unable to locate the clips themselves. Only the full wiring harness and the bulkhead repair kit that goes on the firewall. Does anyone have any suggestions??? My hope is that I can buy a new (or salvaged) clip and individually re-attach all of the wires back into the new clip. Does anyone know if (A) Anyone makes new clips or (B) have a good used/salvage contact that may be able to help out?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! I am not sure if it matters for the bulkhead but the car is a '67 427/390hp with A/C, power steering.

Best regards,

Scott
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Scott, welcome to the CF. It's a great place with many members having a lot of experience. Given the fact you have turned up zero, I would contact as many of the Vette resto shops and ask about an old/damaged harness end. Also, post over on the parts wanted side and make the request. Dennis
Old 11-13-2014, 04:22 AM
gschlarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
Scott, welcome to the CF. It's a great place with many members having a lot of experience. Given the fact you have turned up zero, I would contact as many of the Vette resto shops and ask about an old/damaged harness end. Also, post over on the parts wanted side and make the request. Dennis
If you're still monitoring this, what did you end up doing? I have almost same issue ( just one tab) and don't want to spend the $300 to resolve it.

Glenn

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 Bulkhead Clip

Quick Reply: 1967 Bulkhead Clip