C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

"The Quest" Documentary World Premiere - May 6, 2011 - Help us spread the word!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default "The Quest" Documentary World Premiere - May 6, 2011 - Help us spread the word!

"The Quest" Documentary World Premiere will be hosted on May 6, 2011 at the Carlisle Theater. All proceeds from the event have been generously donated from the film producer, Michael Brown, to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation.

To learn more about the event, please visit "The Quest" Documentary World Premiere website (click here).

If you'd like to see what the documentary is all about, you can view the trailer by clicking here.

On behalf of the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation - THANK YOU for all of your support through the years. The Corvette community is a wonderful group of caring individuals. We appreciate your help in getting the word out about amyloidosis, the disease that took my father's life in 2004.

I hope to see many of you on May 6th in Carlisle, PA!

Life is good,

Lance Miller

PS Please help us spread the word, you can cut & paste this message or just send out the links to your friends. Thank you!

Last edited by racelance; 03-08-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

We're receiving some strong interest. If you have interest it might be wise to purchase your tickets now!

Hope to see you there.

Lance
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Great news! Chevrolet has been behind "The Quest" since day one, however today they even posted a Press Release about it:

Team Chevrolet 'Quest' Press Release link

Here's the release below, we're really excited about it:

New Documentary "The Quest" Captures Corvette's Magical 50th Anniversary at Le Mans

Film Premiere on May 6 to Benefit Chip Miller Charitable Foundation

2011-04-08

CARLISLE, Pa., April 8, 2011 – Last year's 24 Hours of Le Mans marked the 50th anniversary of Corvette's first participation in the world's most celebrated sports car race. Fifty years after Briggs Cunningham's No. 3 Corvette finished first in the large displacement GT category, the restored race car was reunited with one of its legendary drivers, John Fitch, at the fabled French circuit. Now the remarkable story of this milestone Corvette's return to Le Mans is told in a new documentary film, "The Quest."

The Chip Miller Charitable Foundation (CMCF) will premiere this moving documentary created by award-winning filmmaker Michael Brown on Friday, May 6, at the Carlisle Theatre in Carlisle, Pa. Tickets for the premiere are available at www.QuestDocumentary.com, and all proceeds will benefit the Foundation.

“The Premiere of 'The Quest' is going to be a unique, must-attend event," said Lance Miller, co-owner of Carlisle Events. "The film is about so much more than cars. I think everyone, in their own way, will find an emotional connection to this story."

The film recounts how the No. 3 Corvette disappeared into obscurity after winning its class at Le Mans. It follows the quest of renowned Corvette enthusiast Chip Miller to find, restore, and ultimately return this milestone automobile to France to celebrate the golden anniversary of its historic victory. Following Miller's untimely death in 2004, his dream of returning the No. 3 Cunningham Corvette to Le Mans lived on through his son Lance and the Miller family.

Wearing traditional American white and blue racing colors, the immaculately restored Corvette participated in a parade through downtown Le Mans and led 50 Corvettes on a ceremonial lap of the track before the start of the 24-hour race with Fitch at the wheel. Fitch, now 93 years old, and the historic Corvette will attend the premiere to help the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation raise awareness of Amyloidosis, a rare and incurable plasma cell disorder that claimed the life of Chip Miller.

"People come to a race track to see the drivers in action,” said Fitch, "but when I took the wheel of the No. 3 Corvette with Lance at my side, it was I who became the spectator. At parade lap speed, I could observe not only the thousands of fans who cheered us on, but also the emotions of my young passenger. His efforts to fulfill the dream of his father and best friend had paid off. It was a very special and satisfying experience."

"When you look at the Corvettes that raced at Le Mans 50 years ago, it's impossible not to be impressed by the passion, the immense courage, and the physical stamina that was required to race for 24 hours in those vehicles," said Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "It was an astounding feat, and the men who drove them have my respect."

About Chevrolet: Founded in Detroit in 1911, Chevrolet celebrates its centennial as a global automotive brand with annual sales of about 4.25 million vehicles in more than 140 countries. Chevrolet provides consumers with fuel-efficient, safe and reliable vehicles that deliver high quality, expressive design, spirited performance and value. The Chevrolet portfolio includes iconic performance cars such as Corvette and Camaro; dependable, long-lasting pickups and SUVs such as Silverado and Suburban; and award-winning passenger cars and crossovers such as Spark, Cruze, Malibu, Equinox and Traverse. Chevrolet also offers “gas-friendly to gas-free" solutions including Cruze Eco and Volt. Cruze Eco offers 42 mpg highway while Volt offers 35 miles of electric, gasoline-free driving and an additional 344 miles of extended range. Most new Chevrolet models offer OnStar safety, security and convenience technologies including OnStar Hands-Free Calling, Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. More information regarding Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,978 Likes on 4,798 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Lance I was thinking of going to see the movie only. should I buy tickets in advance?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:37 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

I would by it on DVD
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM
92GTA
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
I would by it on DVD
Absolutely! Will there be an online storefront to buy the DVD when released?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
GreaseMonkey
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PA Events Coordinator

Lance,
I'm planning on going to the premier. I remember seeing the car pretty much after your Dad had it completed when I toured his garage with the CVCC. I know he was always proud of his collection. I was in awe. You have done a fantastic job of keeping your Dad's spirit alive and going.

I was also lucky enough to be in the Chip's Choice parade at the 2002 Corvettes at Carlisle in my ZR-1 and personally meet your Dad. What a GREAT GREAT man.

I wish you the best going forward keeping his spirit and dream alive. Your Dad's legacy has been left in loving hands
Old 04-08-2011, 08:58 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 92GTA
Absolutely! Will there be an online storefront to buy the DVD when released?
The documentary was produced and owned by Michael Brown Productions. I believe he'll eventually have a DVD available - I know we've discussed this in the past and he was very receptive. You might see it on TV down the road as well, but he's also working on that angle too.

Life is good,

Lance
Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Lance,
I'm planning on going to the premier. I remember seeing the car pretty much after your Dad had it completed when I toured his garage with the CVCC. I know he was always proud of his collection. I was in awe. You have done a fantastic job of keeping your Dad's spirit alive and going.

I was also lucky enough to be in the Chip's Choice parade at the 2002 Corvettes at Carlisle in my ZR-1 and personally meet your Dad. What a GREAT GREAT man.

I wish you the best going forward keeping his spirit and dream alive. Your Dad's legacy has been left in loving hands
Thanks a bundle for your kind message. If it weren't for my mom and dad I wouldn't be here - so it's the very least I could do. I'm just thrilled we both had similar passions - Corvettes/Cars. I hope to see you at the premiere!

Have a nice weekend,

Lance
Old 04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

so what was that part about the guy who owned it that didn't realize what he had.. did they fully disclose to him or did they basically steal the car?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey
so what was that part about the guy who owned it that didn't realize what he had.. did they fully disclose to him or did they basically steal the car?

Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

The movie will tell you everything... The film crew flew out to see him specifically to interview his segment for the documentary. Let's just say the previous owner and I have a good relationship

Cheers,

Lance
Old 04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

good to hear Lance.. that was the one part of the preview that added a bit of sour to the story I thought.. didn't want to make a judgement without seeing the whole story, so I look forward to it.

thanks,
mikey
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

good to hear Lance.. that was the one part of the preview that added a bit of sour to the story I thought.. didn't want to make a judgement without seeing the whole story, so I look forward to it.

thanks,
mikey
I hope you're able to see it soon (May 6th!)

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
VetteJohn
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Corvettes at Carlisle Premiere?

Lance,

Have you thought about a "Corvettes at Carlisle Premiere"? Many of us that attend every year would be happy to help out the foundation by attending a screening of "The Quest" this August. The fact that we would get a chance to sit down for an hour or more in a nice cool theather might help sell a few tickets too!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteJohn
Lance,

Have you thought about a "Corvettes at Carlisle Premiere"? Many of us that attend every year would be happy to help out the foundation by attending a screening of "The Quest" this August. The fact that we would get a chance to sit down for an hour or more in a nice cool theather might help sell a few tickets too!
In other posts, I've suggested a C at C Drive in. This would be GREAT for Saturday night after the parade. Let the parade go'ers/payers get first dibs on parking at the Carlisle drive in too.

And if not possible at the fairgrounds, does Carlisle have any drive-in's we could all cruise to? What a NIGHT that would make!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Hey guys,

I truly appreciate your recommendations/suggestions. Michael Brown, the producer, has full ownership rights to the documentary. I believe his goal is to get the documentary on public TV, however he'll need to pitch it to the various networks in order to achieve his goal. I'll make sure he reads your messages above and perhaps he'll chime in as well. We've become quite friendly throughout this effort and we've certainly discussed a lot of unique opportunities moving forward. I'm thankful he's provided the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation the opportunity to host the world premiere - very cool indeed!

Again, thank you for your input!

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
GreaseMonkey
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by racelance
Thanks a bundle for your kind message. If it weren't for my mom and dad I wouldn't be here - so it's the very least I could do. I'm just thrilled we both had similar passions - Corvettes/Cars. I hope to see you at the premiere!

Have a nice weekend,

Lance
But didn't I see you autocrossing a Mustang at one of the CVCC events back in the late '90s to early '00s?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
But didn't I see you autocrossing a Mustang at one of the CVCC events back in the late '90s to early '00s?
Nope, it was my business partner - Bill Miller. I never ran a Mustang on a road course...

Cheers,

Lance

Get notified of new replies

To "The Quest" Documentary World Premiere - May 6, 2011 - Help us spread the word!

Quick Reply: "The Quest" Documentary World Premiere - May 6, 2011 - Help us spread the word!