C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Holley Carb Rebuild Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Default Do you believe him?

Originally Posted by dahogan
Midyearvette does. Carb clinic day was yesterday. Frank brought over your carb after rebuilding it and bolted it on my 66 L 79. Perfection Ray, you chose correctly my friend. And while he was here he tweaked mine as well. Yours should be on its way back home soon but w/o a bottle of Dewar's. Amazing what knuckles will do for a few beers. Thanks Frank
This guy is a prosecutor, you have watched Law and Order, and they drank first, but then again, they did do a good job on my car, when visiting, but we drank first then also, I only had soda........ in spite of what they said........

Jack

Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Jack Freeman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
After rebuilding my original Holley 3367 for my '66 I have discovered that I have no business rebuilding a Holley. That thing just dumps fuel, fouls the plugs and annoys the neighbours. I've readjusted the floats many times, replaced the new power valve with a newer power valve and everytime I bolt it back up, it's the same thing.
Now here is where I need your help: I don't want your help. Or your advice. I just want to pay you to get my Holley right, no cosmetic work and you need to be able to bench run it after it's done, send it back to me so that I can bolt it on and go. I'd try it again myself but I don't wanna buy anymore sparkplugs ! Who on this Forum has this special gift that I don't ?

Ray
Contact George Rupert in Cookeville, Tn. He builds alcohol carbs for drag racers all over the U.S. also rebuilds Holly's. He done mine last summer and it hasn't ever run that good since I had the car. And very reasonable. If you want his number 931-372-9142......
Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default send me your address

Originally Posted by midyearvette
send it to "knuckles" ray.....we'll fix it!.....

sent you my address
I am going to through Ohio on my way to Michigan on July 18 or so, I prefer a lake setting and my favorite beverage.

Do you know any one in the area? Or do I have to call Judy......

Hope you're around, maybe a mini Reunion. I am going to give a seminar on Holley's...... right? I may need some tutoring.......

I will know in a day or so , Hope it is not as hot as last year.

Do I need my tent? LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND KATHY IF YOU ARE IN AREA AT THAT TIME

Jack

Last edited by Jackfit; 03-13-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Midyearvette does. Carb clinic day was yesterday. Frank brought over your carb after rebuilding it and bolted it on my 66 L 79. Perfection Ray, you chose correctly my friend. And while he was here he tweaked mine as well. Yours should be on its way back home soon but w/o a bottle of Dewar's. Amazing what knuckles will do for a few beers. Thanks Frank
Ha Ha D-Dogg ! I had planned on calling Sir-Knux-A-Lot on Saturday to let him know that my carb would probably arrive at his place that day but it looks like everything was finished and done by then ! I am also honoured to know that the counselour's loaded L79 was used as the test bed, aka, The Mule. Looking forward to it's return, I'll try and get Jackfit to swing by Oklahoma on his way to Ohio so that I can stuff the back of his vert with some local Oklahoma beer for you two loons.

Raybeaux
Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I need directions

Ha Ha D-Dogg ! I had planned on calling Sir-Knux-A-Lot on Saturday to let him know that my carb would probably arrive at his place that day but it looks like everything was finished and done by then ! I am also honoured to know that the counselour's loaded L79 was used as the test bed, aka, The Mule. Looking forward to it's return, I'll try and get Jackfit to swing by Oklahoma on his way to Ohio so that I can stuff the back of his vert with some local Oklahoma beer for you two loons.

Raybeaux
I am not very good at navigating, is Oklahoma on the way to Michigan?

This time I will have room for an unnamed beverage. Maybe we can all meet in Alabama, that's near Detroit isn't ?

jack

Met this fella, wanted a ride , think I should?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
jdk971
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

i did not know i had that big a monkey butt on my head. i hate getting old. jim
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

After rebuilding my original Holley 3367 for my '66 I have discovered that I have no business rebuilding a Holley. That thing just dumps fuel, fouls the plugs and annoys the neighbours. I've readjusted the floats many times, replaced the new power valve with a newer power valve and everytime I bolt it back up, it's the same thing.
Now here is where I need your help: I don't want your help. Or your advice. I just want to pay you to get my Holley right, no cosmetic work and you need to be able to bench run it after it's done, send it back to me so that I can bolt it on and go. I'd try it again myself but I don't wanna buy anymore sparkplugs ! Who on this Forum has this special gift that I don't ?

Ray
Bob Kunz - 314-843-7545 - did my 3810 happy with the results
Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,273 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jdk971
i did not know i had that big a monkey butt on my head. i hate getting old. jim
All those years on the force and no nick name until now...........monkey butt priceless
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Poor Jim

All those years on the force and no nick name until now...........monkey butt priceless
At least when you characterized me , I got Top Shelf Beverages
all across America.

I can't imagine poor Jim, what does he get ? Top Shelf Toilet Paper made from the best bamboo !

See you in July if big boy lets you come visit.......

Jack
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You old guys crack me up.....
Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Hey watch it!

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
You old guys crack me up.....
I have the body and brain of a 20 year old

Jack
Old 03-15-2011, 02:45 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jackfit

Jack
And that 20 year old would like to have them both back, he says that you are screwing them up !

Ray
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Jack
....and a great imagination.
Hi Jack, now all you need is a woman the same and your all set... (and in deep doodoo!)
I envy you guys being able to get together and swap lies, wrench a bit, and have a few cocktails. Great bunch of guys from what I know.
Robbie.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Good one, really good one

And that 20 year old would like to have them both back, he says that you are screwing them up !

Ray
OK Ray , back on stride.

Just wait until you try out your carb....... can't wait to hear your comments........ just remember......they had a party.........while working on your carb.....

Are you suppose to be at work now....... I am telling..... who do I tell ? is this on topic or are we in deep trouble?

Jack

Last edited by Jackfit; 03-15-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by midyearvette
send it to "knuckles" ray.....we'll fix it!.....
Though I am admittedly a man of few words, this could be my best decision of the year. Thanks to Frank for the HBO (Helpa Brother Out) for the more than speedy and more than generous rebuild of my Holley. Turnaround was less than two weeks, bolted 'er on this evening, set the idle and roared down the road. The car runs so smooth and right, and all I had to do was set the idle. My cost from Knuckles ? Parts and shipping. Did he provide his address for me to send payment ? No sir, he asked me to donate it to Saint Baldrick's, a fundraiser for children's cancer research. I've met with some wonderful folks on this forum but how can I live up to the example set by this dude ?

As always, Hey Frank The Tank, whaddya' drinkin' ?

Ray (the guy with the new smooth idle)
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Davewaltersl88
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karb King in Pittsburgh, PA is where I always send my carburetors. They do a fantastic job at very competitive prices, and, perhaps best of all, Karb King has a very fast -3 day- turnaround. They also have tons of cores and can often come up with carbs with specific date codes.

They are at karbking.com and regular advertisers in Hemmings.

Quick Reply: Holley Carb Rebuild Help