C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Trailing Arm replacement-Reasonable Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Bill Clark
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to the group for all of the feedback, I am always amazed by the breadth of knowledge available on this forum.

As I said in my original post, I am not really in a position to do the work myself, lacking a lift and undoubtedly some of the other equipment to do the job. And truthfully, one of the things that holds me back on projects like this is the fear of getting halfway into the job and discovering I am unable to finish the job for whatever reason, and now have a partially disassembled, immoblized car in my garage.

What I have gleaned from all the comments is the price I was quoted is reasonable given the difficulty of the work. I don't mind paying for quality work, I just don't like to get taken to the cleaners. In this case, assuming the work is done properly and the quote is honored, I feel fairly comfortable with what I will be paying.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Rockyk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot Dan
Did mine myself, about $250 for parts (old T-Arms and spindles OK, new bearings, SS shim kit, front bushing, and strut rods) the rest is labor.

Van Steel is a great alternative if you want to stream line the job. With what they send you, it becomes mostly a bolt on job that any good mechanic should be able to do for you. The Alignment was extra. Pilot Dan
I need spindle bearings on my 72 vette. Do you know anyone?
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 PM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Rockyk
I need spindle bearings on my 72 vette. Do you know anyone?
This thread is over six years old. You will get a better response to your question if you post a new one.

Quick Reply: Trailing Arm replacement-Reasonable Cost?