C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Converting '65 Rubber Fuel Line to Hard Line..Filter to Carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:50 PM
1965corvettecop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
First time I ever heard anyone make MikeM look like the good guy in a debate. Speaking of rude, pot meet kettle.
Ive been nice.. asked him to go away even. He took my kindness for weakness, so I stepped up knotch. Sometimes it is all people like that understand...
Old 05-29-2014, 10:58 PM
1965corvettecop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
From '63-'65, all small-block alternators were on the passenger side (except with A/C, which moved them to the driver's side). '65 L-78 BB's had them on the driver's side. From '66-'67, ALL alternators (including BB's and A/C cars) were on the driver's side. Power steering has no effect on the location of the alternator on any engine.
Thanks!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

This thread reminds me why I had stopped posting here... I guess I was naive to think things had changed but then I see MikeM posting his glorious insight... Ya'll have a good night..

Hitch
Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

This thread reminds me of why I keep coming back.
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

1965corvettecop,

Did you ever get you fuel system completed???

Just curious....because there are some Holleys that allow a fuel filter to be installed in the bowl...where the line attaches.

And for what it is worth....I have made several custom dual line fuel line set-ups. And this is usually due the the ones on the market seem to not work due to the heater hose fitting in the intake manifold will be in the way.

The only reason I am commenting is that if you only have a fuel filter back at the tank...you have an awful lot of fuel line and pump area that can have trash in it due to age. Not meaning to put a dark light on what you have done....but it may be something to consider or be watchful on...which I feel you keep an eye on your car.

I use Jegs fuel filters that have a 37 degree flare on them...so I flare my tubing and by the time I am done there are no hose clamps (obviously)...and the filter is the smallest I can find with the 40 micron filter in it. They work great and can mount them on the right side with the factory A/C unit there and all brackets.

DUB

Quick Reply: Converting '65 Rubber Fuel Line to Hard Line..Filter to Carb