C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

65 Door Weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM
SherpaPilot
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 65 Door Weatherstrip

I'm about to undertake the task of installing new weatherstrips on my 65 coupe doors. I downloaded a previous post describing the correct prep work and how to accomplish this. My only question and probably a really dumb one is to ask which side is mounted to the surface of the door? My logic says to install the flat side against the door but lately almost everything I have touched turns to ,,,,well you know. I figure that it is always best to ask first rather than regret later. I will try to post a photo of the weatherstrip edge. Thanks for your response.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:55 PM
65 Pro Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,054 Likes on 580 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Did you buy the W/S with the molded corner? If you did and you should, there is a right and left, hold the molded corner on the door and the short side of the W/S should be at the back of the door the long side to the front, just use a small amount of adhesive and 2 people on a cp door, most 3M adhesive you put a small amount on both sides let it set up and put another coat on one side and put it on, you may need some masking tape to hold it for a few min.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
65specialk
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the same question but is the rubber glued to the outer door panel only or to the door frame also. Mine was glued to both when removed. Sorry for stealling you thread but it may help us both. Dave

Get notified of new replies

To 65 Door Weatherstrip

Quick Reply: 65 Door Weatherstrip