C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

June 29th. at California Speedway is next West Coast Corvette Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 01:36 PM
gary brown
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 29th. at California Speedway is next West Coast Corvette Challenge

Greetings to one and all! Now that I've had a week to rest up, it's time to announce the 2nd. in a series of WCCC drag racing events for this year.

Our next race is June 29th. at the California Speedway. Gates open at 8:00 a.m. and we'll run until about 4:00 p.m. We already have 23 drivers signed up - almost double what we had for our inaugural event and we're still six weeks out! Everyone can compete for cash, gift certificates, and many trophies that will be presented by our growing list of sponsors.

As with all WCCC drag racing events, this event is open to ALL drivers who want to drag race, including first time drivers on up to pros. We'll have friendly heads-up racing as well as our own single-bracket race. More experienced drivers are more than happy to help out newcomers to the sport.

Your car can be brand new (well, break it in for 500 miles) or have all the mods including a supercharger - "bone to blown". The only rule about mods is that you can have electronics but you can't use them. This makes the bracket race fair to all of our drivers.

As half of all drivers in the bracket race will take home a First Round Winner trophy, please e-mail me - gfbrown@worldnet.att.net - and let me know in a brief message that you would like to come out and play with us. That way, I'll have a better idea as to how many trophies to buy prior to the event.

If you have any questions about this event, you can easily get more information on this and other West Coast Corvette Challenge events by visiting our website: http://www.corvettechallenge.com

Keep 'em hookin'!

Gary

Quick Reply: June 29th. at California Speedway is next West Coast Corvette Challenge