C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 616 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by DansYellow66
It was so long ago I'm not sure I can re-call. I will see if I turn anything up in my book of receipts. I do remember the shocks are HD Sears shocks with big pistons that I picked up on sale. They may have come gray as a coincidence. A lot of the other detail was with Eastwood restoration paints (sway bars, etc). I did replace the half shafts (one had a slight twist to it that probably had something to do with the hole in the floor pan) and I cleared them with semi- gloss. Same for the dreiveshaft that I had re-tubed and cleared. But, remember - this was all before I even owned a computer and I was just winging it from what ever books or magazines I could find on restoring Corvettes. There is more incorrect than correct there. I did it with an eye more towards durability and trying to not look too obviously incorrect to the average guy on the street.

Thanks
Nicest car underside that I have seen in years, its a superb job, I just love it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

toddalin ... that balancing line between your tailpipes is interesting, are you happy with the resulting exhaust sound ?

Last edited by vt65; 02-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,196 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by vt65
toddalin ... that balancing line between your tailpipes is interesting, are you happy with the resulting exhaust sound ?

Very Happy.

I run Stainless Ultra-Flos and the exhaust note is one of the best I've heard. No drone, raw just power when you tromp on it.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,135 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by vt65
Look good. I like the H pipe but would do an X pipe instead.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM
redsplitwindow
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Dan
Your car looks awesome i did mine with krylon and the rest of the frame on resto with eastwood products 7-8yrs ago and mine still looks great.
I personally like the eastwood products and there obviously durable.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

DansYellow66. What kind of paint did you use?
I know a lot use POR-15 on the underside of the car

This result is looking really good
Attached Images  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 552 Likes on 319 Posts

[QUOTE=TC233;1580124829]
Every answer is just an opinion.
Exactly .. So why don't you just leave it at that instead of coming off as the second coming of Freud.

There are people here that answer either "Black or white" there are no grey areas. So if you suggest a spray can, you are suggesting a professional, application that forever seals the bottom of the car. He knows better, everyone here knows he knows better. But he wanted to take the shot.
Another Black or white...... ANYONE that sprays the underside of their car is HIDING something. Because as the poster suggested, "Its the ONLY reason you would do so.

This comments come across as nothing else but silent insinuations of a greater plot by people here to hide damage to their cars.
Curiously you can spray paint to create "originality" but you can't spray paint because you like the underside of your car "purple" ? Its obvious you would ONLY do it, to hide something, thats the only reason?

This is has nothing to do with disagreeing with what I offer. I expect to be disagreed with. hzz has a special reason for disagreeing. He and I both understand that.

Quick Reply: what would you do?