C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] 57 Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 05:05 PM
vettepoor
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Default 57 Window Regulator

The spring on my driver’s side regulator broke, and it seems no vendor carries them. I decided to replace the whole regulator, but the usual suspects only sell them in pairs. Anyone here know of a source to buy only one? I had so much fun removing broken one that I ain’t gonna fix what’s not broken on passenger side!! Don’t understand why designers couldn’t have allowed another 1/4” or so to remove the damn things! (Rant over).
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by vettepoor
The spring on my driver’s side regulator broke, and it seems no vendor carries them. I decided to replace the whole regulator, but the usual suspects only sell them in pairs. Anyone here know of a source to buy only one? I had so much fun removing broken one that I ain’t gonna fix what’s not broken on passenger side!! Don’t understand why designers couldn’t have allowed another 1/4” or so to remove the damn things! (Rant over).
Thanks for any help.
I just went through the window nightmare on my 57 . It was the worse part of the restoration. And like you mentioned , everything is tight . Do a search . Someone posted the tricks to getting the regulator out . I remember seeing a raised up part on the door to move the regulator into to give you more clearance . Maybe someone will post some pictures . Or check YouTube .

Old 07-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Donald #31176
Melting Slicks

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks for any help.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...1&action=click
Old 07-24-2018, 09:35 AM
vettepoor
Burning Brakes

Yes, I watched that video after about an hour of grief. Didn’t really help much. Can’t understand why the springs aren’t available, since you can get them for the tri five chevys Now if I can find a single regulator I will be happy!
Old 07-24-2018, 01:41 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Yes, I watched that video after about an hour of grief. Didn’t really help much. Can’t understand why the springs aren’t available, since you can get them for the tri five chevys Now if I can find a single regulator I will be happy!
Found this in the NCRS Driveline summer edition. Might be worth a phone call.

Dave Z
Old 07-24-2018, 02:10 PM
vettepoor
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DZVette
Found this in the NCRS Driveline summer edition. Might be worth a phone call.

Dave Z
Thank you, Dave. I bit the bullet today and ordered a new pair. Hopefully the quality is decent.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:11 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Thank you, Dave. I bit the bullet today and ordered a new pair. Hopefully the quality is decent.
Good luck with the repair John. I'm going to replace the fuzzies and the lower window glass stop brackets on our '60 and hope to avoid "project creep" while I'm in the doors.
Dave Z

Get notified of new replies

To 57 Window Regulator

Quick Reply: [C1] 57 Window Regulator