C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Horseless Carriage or other transport from San Jose CA to TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Default Horseless Carriage or other transport from San Jose CA to TX

Greetings everyone. A fellow Corvette owner here in College Station is in the process of purchasing a 1957 vette out of San Jose, California. He has indicated he is considering using Horseless Carriage to have it transported to College Station, TX.

Do any of you have any experiences with Horseless carriage, good or bad, or do you have other carriers that you would recommend he contact for bids?

Thanks for your help!

Dave Z
Old 01-31-2014, 03:27 PM
john neas
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DZVette
Greetings everyone. A fellow Corvette owner here in College Station is in the process of purchasing a 1957 vette out of San Jose, California. He has indicated he is considering using Horseless Carriage to have it transported to College Station, TX.

Do any of you have any experiences with Horseless carriage, good or bad, or do you have other carriers that you would recommend he contact for bids?

Thanks for your help!

Dave Z
Reliable-Phoenix, Passport. Have not heard of a bad transport experience as long as you use a major. (I am sure there may be examples) The drivers usually love what they are doing.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very pleased with Passport Transport. When the others told me just how busy they would be with West Coast auctions at the time, ( and I should care? ) Passport picked up my 67 from a private party in Chicago within three days of the time I called and delivered it to me in SOCAL within one week.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:29 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlsbadliving1
Very pleased with Passport Transport. When the others told me just how busy they would be with West Coast auctions at the time, ( and I should care? ) Passport picked up my 67 from a private party in Chicago within three days of the time I called and delivered it to me in SOCAL within one week.
Thanks guys!
I'll pass the info along.
Any others?

DZ
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

I have shipped numerous cars coast to coast and overseas; however, none of them were valuable or high-theft risk cars. Mine went cheap and open carrier.

No way would I consider open carrier with a '57 Vette , but I'm probably just preaching to the choir.

Get notified of new replies

To Horseless Carriage or other transport from San Jose CA to TX

Quick Reply: Horseless Carriage or other transport from San Jose CA to TX