C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 parking light connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:28 AM
jules-57
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 66 parking light connection

Hello all,

Can anyone post a picture or link to how the parking light pigtail is connected to the harness? I have new parking lights with pigtails, but not the harness pigtail. I found a harness connectors, but not sure if they are correct or how or where they connect to the parking light pigtail. Thank you for any help.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by jules-57
Hello all,

Can anyone post a picture or link to how the parking light pigtail is connected to the harness? I have new parking lights with pigtails, but not the harness pigtail. I found a harness connectors, but not sure if they are correct or how or where they connect to the parking light pigtail. Thank you for any help.
James,
The attached pic shows the connectors for my 1965. I don't know if they are different on the 66 but I suspect not. If they are perhaps others will chime in. The round connector on the pigtail plugs into the hole in the bulkhead. The rectangular, 3-prong connector from the forward lamp harness plugs into the pigtail connector. The passenger side is at the end of the harness. The driver side has just a few inches of wires coming out of the main bundle that crosses over up under the nose. If your lamp harness is intact, you should find the parking lamp connectors fairly close to the pigtail connector locations.
Hope this helps.
Dave Z
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:30 PM
jules-57
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome; that makes total sense. I was looking at it backwards. Of course the lamp pigtail would be at the bulkhead wall. Thanks' Dave, that was a big help and hopefully someone else will benefit too.

Jim
Old 04-13-2014, 02:12 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by jules-57
awesome; that makes total sense. I was looking at it backwards. Of course the lamp pigtail would be at the bulkhead wall. Thanks' Dave, that was a big help and hopefully someone else will benefit too.

Jim
Glad I could help Jim.
DZ

Get notified of new replies

To 66 parking light connection

Quick Reply: 66 parking light connection