C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Future of the NCRS.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default I usually don't go to too many Corvette car shows, but

I think I have a phobia with regards to feather dusters!!!!!

And probably to polish and wax also!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:11 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by sub006
It's long overdue that a western location be added. Reno is nice and central!

In 1985, Ed Carroll, who owned the VETTE SET BODY SHOP in Orange, California and I started the CALIFORNIA GOLD Show in PALM SPRINGS. It lasted 3 years with good success . The Western States Corvette Council Corvette Clubs supported the event as well as major vendors. We had the swap meet, and ''judged show'', and even a special collection of cars at a hotel ballroom Saturday evening.

ZORA and ELFIE were special guests as well as other noted Corvette people.

The name changed to CALIFORNIA LEGENDS due to a heavy discussion with David Burroughs. Discussion about a Western ''GOLD'' event never was realized as distance was too great for David and mid west organizers.

PALM SPRINGS got greedy and costs forced the event to move to Ventura in 1988. After two unsuccessful years, we shut it down.

The cost today to do an event is very high compared to those days in the 80's. LOOK at the recent HOT AUGUST NIGHTS problems, that have been resolved.

I have supported BG for many years, and this year will return to INDY. The venue is very good for this show. The CELEBRATION OF 50 YEARS , this year highlighting 1966 Corvettes will have 24 of the most unique 1966 models in the world. GREAT emphasis on education of the history of the car is coming full circle. PLEASE come and enjoy the weekend.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 AM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Bloomington Gold at Indy is good event but still in the learning stages for the new venue.
Lets hope the management if Indy does not start raising the costs like it did for the Goodguys who left after just a few years. $$$$$$$
Old 12-27-2019, 09:24 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

You are answering a post from 3.5 years ago, and FYI, your post is tough to read when it’s that long and all underlined. It’s not effective.

Quick Reply: Future of the NCRS.......