C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

This 1967 Corvette Is an Original Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default This 1967 Corvette Is an Original Classic

L79 1967 Corvette is a great example of why custom mods aren’t for everybody.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 728 Likes on 622 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

i have never seen, let alone heard of, a "cast alloy" bolt-on rally wheel, and the rear seems to sit too high in the wheel well opening.....

Bill
Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Riverdog
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts

One of the two biggest regrets of my life--as far as material things go--was selling my '67 coupe many years ago (I think it was 1972.)

I purchased it from a guy who had put side exhaust on it but left the entire original exhaust system in place under the car. I couldn't stand the noise and heat coming from the exhaust when driving with the windows down--the car did have A/C though--so I took them off, sold them and just bought the OEM exhaust pipes that connected the exhaust manifold to the under-car exhaust system. With the money I got from selling the side exhaust I also bought a set of 1968 rally wheels, which were an inch wider than the '67 wheels, but kept the '67 center caps so everything looked stock. The only other non-stock/non-original part on the car was a OEM big block hood which was on the car when I bought it; but since that's such an iconic look, I left it on the car. It was not striped, though; it was the same color--all Goodwood green--as the car. To me, even back then, the look of a stock '67 coupe was perfection! It would have been sacrilegious to do anything to it.

Get notified of new replies

To This 1967 Corvette Is an Original Classic

Quick Reply: This 1967 Corvette Is an Original Classic