C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] need help pricing my 67 427 vert

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 01:13 PM
bdbank
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default owners reply on pricing 67

First thanks to all for the words of wisdom. i am not too thin skinned to take constructive criticism.
As to driving my car, kids with two more years of parents paying for med school and grad school, thats the way we roll priority wise. So the hope was that i could start driving whatever i have more often in another year of two.. I also have a 40 year old car project i have not started so i do not want to own both cars.
I get the serial number thing, but some states may allow re registering a demonstrated correct serial number and it may lead to proof that at least the car was definitely a 435. Splitting hairs, maybe, but any documentation and history helps. What i have taken from this is value between 50 and 70, already getting local interest just from word of mouth in the 60 to 65 range. Talk is cheap i know but i think i would let it go for 65 and two weeks from now, maybe 55. Below 55 and i think i mortgage my oldest girl and keep both.
Again i really appreciate the input, tough or optimistic. Brad
Old 10-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

I agree with your thinking Brad, good luck !

hey bring out to 'coffee & cars' this coming Sat in West Chester, I'll have my NOM BB '67 there !
Old 10-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,944 Likes on 4,783 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

There is nothing in the vin that will tell you or support what engine it came with
Old 10-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts

Exactly, “any documentation and history helps.” If I showed up at a stranger’s house with a beautiful car but a contorted history, I’d be looking for as much evidence as possible besides the current apparent legal state to find as much truth as possible before I’d write a check for about 60-65k cash. That’s what it would accomplish but apparently just for me.

No offense Brad, but for me if that frame VIN did match some thing in its history it is a glimmer of corroboration, that’s all.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Dad's 59
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by midyear
I agree that the state issued vin kills a car, it would be different if the engine and trans were original, but they are not. frame is the only chance to find the original number, but also that assumes the frame is the original one. I am also guessing it does not have a trim tag, which will also lower the price. unfortunately a partial tank sticker on a car without a 67 vin number does not add much at all to the value, but does make for a good story.

probably not going to be the easiest sale, but I'm sure at the right price it will make someone very happy.
Tank stickers do not have any numbers that correlate to that particular car including vin numbers , once the tank sticker is removed from the car you can not prove 100% that sticker came off that car .A tank sticker was strictly for the assembly line on what was put on that car it was never made to document a car. That is why there is no number on that tank sticker that is the same number as on the car If you have a 67 corvette tank sticker with a vin number then you have one of the hundreds that are being made and sold today including protecto plates! Do you ever wonder why 90% of 435 have tank stickers and even partial tank stickers always show the 435 option. A real car guy will pay a good fair price. The money guy will either it pass it buy or convince you that it is worth a lot less than it is and redo the vin tag and have a tank sticker and protecto plate made with in a couple days! Yes they sell rosette rivets today; I know of a lot of cars that have been done and even getting triple crown awards with restamped motors.

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-20-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:31 AM
TJefferson2020
Race Director

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Dad's 59
Tank stickers do not have any numbers that correlate to that particular car including vin numbers , once the tank sticker is removed from the car you can not prove 100% that sticker came off that car .A tank sticker was strictly for the assembly line on what was put on that car it was never made to document a car. That is why there is no number on that tank sticker that is the same number as on the car If you have a 67 corvette tank sticker with a vin number then you have one of the hundreds that are being made and sold today including protecto plates! Do you ever wonder why 90% of 435 have tank stickers and even partial tank stickers always show the 435 option. A real car guy will pay a good fair price. The money guy will either it pass it buy or convince you that it is worth a lot less than it is and redo the vin tag and have a tank sticker and protecto plate made with in a couple days! Yes they sell rosette rivets today; I know of a lot of cars that have been done and even getting triple crown awards with restamped motors.
Man that pisses me off!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:55 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Yes it dose. There is a order # & other #'S on the tank sticker that can tie a tank sticker to a VIN #. NCRS has a service that will tell you where a Corvette was delivered to if you have a VIN # & also if you have a tank sticker service the can match it up with the stringer #'s they have for that VIN #.

Last edited by kenba; 10-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:36 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Tank stickers do not have any numbers that correlate to that particular car including vin numbers , once the tank sticker is removed from the car you can not prove 100% that sticker came off that car.
Not true. If the top left corner of the tank sticker hasn't been torn off, and the ident number is still there, NCRS (for a slight fee) can match that sticker to a particular VIN. Nobody else has that information.
The following users liked this post:
6D2148 (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes its very common on this car "hobby" I use that word loosely....This isn't a hobby anymore its BIG BUSINESS among people with deep pockets that make and excellent forgery and screw other people who might not be as Corvette savvy as others.....They think they are buying a blue chips cars....In reality, there buying someone else get rich and greedy recreation...I seen it too...Buyer Beware..
Old 10-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default 67

Originally Posted by Blk63Vette
Yes its very common on this car "hobby" I use that word loosely....This isn't a hobby anymore its BIG BUSINESS among people with deep pockets that make and excellent forgery and screw other people who might not be as Corvette savvy as others.....They think they are buying a blue chips cars....In reality, there buying someone else get rich and greedy recreation...I seen it too...Buyer Beware..
Don't you love this " NCRS is the only one with the information on a tank sticker" but if you pay them they will tell you about your tank sticker. MONEY MONEY .....MONEY!!!!! MONEY I went with my dad to buy a brand new 435 convertible and we still own it. Back in the day we saw the tank sticker when we CARED and I am starting to wonder if it my dad's 435 corvette is real. For a fee can I come to rest?

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-22-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default tank sticker

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Not true. If the top left corner of the tank sticker hasn't been torn off, and the ident number is still there, NCRS (for a slight fee) can match that sticker to a particular VIN. Nobody else has that information.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Don't you love this " NCRS is the only one with the information on a tank sticker" but if you pay them they will tell you about your tank sticker. MONEY MONEY .....MONEY!!!!! MONEY I went with my dad to buy a brand new 435 convertible and we still own it. Back in the day we saw the tank sticker when we CARED and I am starting to wonder if it my dad's 435 corvette is real. For a fee can I come to rest?
NCRS got the permission from GM to go though the achieves. So a few select members spent a good bit of time sorting though it. It was also on micro film. Not every thing in life is free
Old 10-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default 67

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
NCRS got the permission from GM to go though the achieves. So a few select members spent a good bit of time sorting though it. It was also on micro film. Not every thing in life is free
So GM for 40 years claimed that they had a fire that destroy the micro film and documents and now we find out that the information on these corvettes pop up out of no where an only a few NCRS members have this info.And it is top secret unless you give us money WOW! No wonder Noland Adams never like NCRS. Nolan Adams spent most of whole Life searching and documenting the Corvette and spent many years at GM head quarters reading the small amount of documents they did have and spending time with assembly line workers ect. YET he was unable to get tank sticker info like today; REALLY This validates even more how this is NOT about the hobby and about the cars.
The big majority is about money!! If it wasn't we would not being having this conversation ! I am glad I was able to be evolved in the corvette hobby way back in time when is was only about corvette cars instead of money And being able to talk to Noland Adams who lived by me was a gift of finding out the real story; Thank you Noland rest in piece.

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-22-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I don’t think GM ever said there was a fire. I think that was a rumor started years ago with no merit and debunked by many who worked at St. Louis. These records are from the shipping records. What is your beef with NCRS. what have they ever did to you personally.
blue max (11-18-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 10:08 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

So GM for 40 years claimed that they had a fire that destroy the micro film and documents and now we find out that the information on these corvettes pop up out of no where an only a few NCRS members have this info.And it is top secret unless you give us money WOW! No wonder Noland Adams never like NCRS. Nolan Adams spent most of whole Life searching and documenting the Corvette and spent many years at GM head quarters reading the small amount of documents they did have and spending time with assembly line workers ect. YET he was unable to get tank sticker info like today; REALLY This validates even more how this is NOT about the hobby and about the cars.
The big majority is about money!! If it wasn't we would not being having this conversation ! I am glad I was able to be evolved in the corvette hobby way back in time when is was only about corvette cars instead of money And being able to talk to Noland Adams who lived by me was a gift of finding out the real story; Thank you Noland rest in piece.
That's odd I met Noland at an NCRS event many years ago.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default 67

Not every thing in life is free:l It used to be in the corvette hobby when you needed a part or help and getting some info from real car guys we all helped and shared the hobby! We never worried about how much are cars worth or who's car is better and more original. WE loved them and admired them the way they were; I loved those years

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-22-2017 at 10:13 PM.
LuckyGuy (10-24-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

__ Not every thing in life is free:l It used to be in the corvette hobby when you needed a part or help and getting some info from real car guys we all helped and shared the hobby! We never worried about how much are cars worth or who's car is better and more original.
If you have good parts send them to me then

Get notified of new replies

To need help pricing my 67 427 vert

Old 10-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default 67

If you have good parts send them to me then
I give them to my best friends that need them; that are not hungry for money; and they do same for me. This might be hard for you to understand!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

Default 67

Originally Posted by provette67
That's odd I met Noland at an NCRS event many years ago.
How do you think he made is thoughts about NCRS when he made a Quote "If you were to take mid-year corvette off the assembly line done and take it to a NCRS event it would score 70 points" He went to corvette events all over the world!

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-22-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

I don’t think GM ever said there was a fire. I think that was a rumor started years ago with no merit and debunked by many who worked at St. Louis. These records are from the shipping records. What is your beef with NCRS. what have they ever did to you personally.
When they gave a friend of mine a triple crown awards on couple cars that that he made into restamped 435 out of 67 300HP with some paperwork saying 435 option and 61 fuelie out of 300hp. They recognize restamped motors which is opening doors for what my friend is doing to them to prove what NCRS is all about! I have my dad's original corvettes I could care less what people think they know about my dad's corvettes he bought new. My beef is the poor guy that saved his money all his life to buy a old corvette with NCRS awards finds out later it was turned in to the car it never was; then finds the original owner by chance that tells him it wasn't that way when I had it. Yes true story! I was told ncrs was confronted with the event they said "we do not claim it is original we just say it's correct" He was lucky to get his money back.

Last edited by Dad's 59; 10-22-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quick Reply: [C2] need help pricing my 67 427 vert