C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

winter driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:02 AM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Originally Posted by bmiller

Drove my '59 in college from '69 to '73 from Connecticut to upstate New York summer/winter and never thought anything about it. Several paint jobs and motors latter still driving it all year.
No one is happy to have your prized possession sit in the garage all the Winter months. Best to drive it all year while keeping a smile on your face all year around.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Bills72n84
I believe I've seen that car at Bristol Mountain. Black Z with a trailer hitch in the winter. Not a common sight. I heard the car is owned by a ski instructor. Where am I going wrong?..

I keep my C2's out of rain and snow. The salt is so corrosive. On the '67, The frame and bird cages have light rust and I want to preserve them. The '66 is more like a show car even though it isn't numbers match. I don't want to have to detail every bit of it.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Cripes - you dang well drove what you had back in the day if you had to get to work...didn't much matter what it was or what the weather was doing.

I can still remember waking up in Pittsburgh and knowing it had snowed the night before because of the "rup...rup....rup" sound of snow tires and chained-up cars going past the bedroom window.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Cripes - you dang well drove what you had back in the day if you had to get to work...didn't much matter what it was or what the weather was doing.

I can still remember waking up in Pittsburgh and knowing it had snowed the night before because of the "rup...rup....rup" sound of snow tires and chained-up cars going past the bedroom window.
Are sure it was cars, not horse and buggy clacking ....?

Jack
Old 03-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 361 Posts

well if anyone needs their driveway plowed out ,this one can do the job!!!!

Quick Reply: winter driving