C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Where is Spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:12 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by KC John
The earth is all messed up as far as weather goes. We had a day last week that was just short of 70º and the next day the low was 27º.
We see that often in AZ. in the winter. Most people have no idea how the desert cools down at night.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:45 PM
vettsplit 63
Le Mans Master

Location: "You may all go to Hell- and I will go to Texas- Davy Crockett
Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Dan Hampton
-76 with the wind chill last Wednesday in Ely, Minnesota which is on the Iron Range. I had -36, straight temp, driving to Winona, Minnesota that day, which is in the southern third of the State. You haven't lived until you have seen soap bubbles burst like glass at that temperature. Not a great place to own a diesel anything without blended fuel. At that temp, any body part exposed for a couple of minutes is toast. 20 degrees today. I went out walking the dog wearing a sweatshirt....
. I have fond memories of Ely and a 10 day fly in canoe trip up into Manitoba on a Scouting high adventure trek we took back in 1988 to the boundary waters canoe area. That has got to be the most pristine, beautiful country. We went in late May and the water was still COLD and the mosquitos huge! We saw bear, moose, grouse and wild turkeys. The fishing was great, and the locals very friendly. Beautiful place.

Last edited by vettsplit 63; 03-16-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:57 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 419 Likes on 246 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

This boys interest has certainly turned to cars!

Old 03-17-2019, 09:20 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

I know where spring isn't
Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Originally Posted by Dan Hampton
-76 with the wind chill last Wednesday in Ely, Minnesota which is on the Iron Range. I had -36, straight temp, driving to Winona, Minnesota that day, which is in the southern third of the State. You haven't lived until you have seen soap bubbles burst like glass at that temperature. Not a great place to own a diesel anything without blended fuel. At that temp, any body part exposed for a couple of minutes is toast. 20 degrees today. I went out walking the dog wearing a sweatshirt....
Gee, Dan, you mean you actually visit northern Minnesota in the WINTER? Take a slight detour west next time and stop in to see us. No one's been up the road here since September, so we get lonely. It would be fun to compare notes on these old cars, and if I remember correctly which pile of snow mine's in we could take a look.

Seriously the Ely (pronounced ee-lee by the way) area is beautiful. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area nearby is pristine wilderness, if that's your thing. And our two month break from winter will soon be here!
Old 03-17-2019, 01:36 PM
vettsplit 63
Le Mans Master

Location: "You may all go to Hell- and I will go to Texas- Davy Crockett
Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jpanda
Don't know what it's been like in other parts of the country but here in the northeast (Ct) winter just won't quit. I've been a Corvette owner for 49 yrs and lived in this area and until now have never gone thru the entire month of March without getting in some Corvette drive time. Not to mention none of mine have even come out of the garage for a spring clean up in the driveway because it's been so damn cold. Today it's snowing here again and that usually means the local roads will get coated with that nasty slime that turns to white powder. I refuse to use the roads until we get a soaking rain to wash away the effects of the treatment.
Guess I'm frustrated and will probably not get over it for another week or so when maybe it will warm up here and the roads will be clean. Hope many of you in other areas are not experiencing the same.
. I don't want to hijack the thread, but wanted to pick your memory of a Ct car that I now have. Could you PM me and I'll send my number. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Where is Spring