C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Who have you folks been using lately for Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 10:51 PM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,122 Likes on 577 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Mike how well does it hold up? Does it pick up dirt easy? That would make my fake battery topper look more real.
Yes, it does pick up dirt.
It also passed with no deducts at national and still looks about like it did last July
Old 04-30-2024, 11:10 PM
2tired
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
put in a current day ACDelco 24 Series and take a modest deduction for Originality in judging..

​​​​​​https://batterysales.com/product/24s-acdelco/
That is a battery I've tried on 3 GM restorations (67 Corvette, 67 GTO and 69 Camaro) and will NEVER buy again. Junk that will let you down before you wear the **** off of the tires.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:07 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

There have been some time/years since i read about the aftermarked correct looking batteries here on the forum i think it was.

I seem to remember that these batteries was kind of poor. But perhaps the correct looking aftermarked batteries are up and going now?
Old 05-01-2024, 10:59 AM
Chalie M
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by 67air
y mechanic pal told me that 80% of all batteries here in the USA are made in one of 3 factories.....They just slap a different brand name on them.....
Your friend is correct, East Penn was one of the largest suppliers of batteries… Not sure how many manufacturers are still in business but it’s not even a handful few..Your friend is also correct about the battery is built for many, many companies & just add that particular company’s name/label on it/box also.

BUT here is the biggest component on “just adding a label” to the battery, the manufacturer must know what specifications/criteria they are requiring & then are built/manufactured & price is negotiated to specific “customer requirements” that’s the key in manufacturing…

I was the Quality Manger for one of the biggest reman Company’s (world wide) of automotive brake master cylinders, brake calipers etc. we labeled Car Quest, Napa, O’Reilly sold to Ford, Mazda etc. just to name a few BUT again it’s was to the customer requirements, before any label was smacked on the finished part/box..

A bill of materials (BOM) would specify the customer requirements & we assured all customers requirements were meet 100%..

Same with batteries.
Chalie

Quick Reply: [C2] Who have you folks been using lately for Batteries