C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Air cleaner help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 01:52 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 739 Likes on 459 Posts

Default Re: Air cleaner help (jimdvan)

jimdvan

I had the carb and Air Cleaner on the 327 300 that was in the car before we swapped in the 350. It fit OK on that engine that had the stock manifold. I used a piece of large hose (1"?) to connect the outlet from the cleaner to the crankcase vent tube back by the distributor. If I recall, we had a hose in hose to adapt the 1"tube to fit on the nipple of the ac flange. You clould probably just clamp it down to fit as well. Use a little Sylglide or some silicone grease to slide the hose onto the vent tube (made it easier to slip the cleaner on and off).

Sure would be nice if Edelbrock would make a 600cfm with the narrower air horn so we could keep the dual snorkels in there.

Looks like I blew it on getting the pics up above.

Sounds like your almost there!:hurray:

DZ
Old 10-02-2003, 09:10 PM
jimdvan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Air cleaner help (DZVette)

Well, the Edelbrock 1221 and Mr. Gasket 1480A combo worked. Thank, guys. As far as Edelbrock making a smaller air horn; I was told by a reputable carb. shop in my area that since the Edelbrock 1406, 600 carb is a knock-off of the Carter AFB, an AFB top cover, with the smaller opening, will work on top of the Edelbrock. I may very well try that in the future and go back to a dual snorkle air cleaner then use a K&N filter.

Quick Reply: Air cleaner help