Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey AGVI, I just noticed you live in Oakville. My parents have lived there for over 30 years, near Speers and Dorval...........Small World....Huh? Now that I think of it.........my sister lives there also......Almost forgot about her...........My Bad!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Motor City Vette
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome,

I was just in your area this past week (Oshawa and then Toronto). You chould have no problem getting your questions answered...lots of experts here on the board.

Old 03-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

What were you doing in the Toronto, Oshawa area Motor City Vette?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Well, I decided to sit down and go over the 75, and get an idea of what I need to not only put it back on the road after over 15 years of storage, but actually be impressed with her. After about 1/2 hour........I got totally depressed. I finally decided there was so much that I needed to put it down in writing......that sucks! So far I took off the oil pan and valve covers polished them up and am ready to replace the gaskets and seals. Got a new battery, oil and filter along with the Mystery oil as suggested, but it think this is the least of my worries. First i need to know if it's gonna start. I think my baby is upset with me cause of all those years of negect. What do you think? When I get the list made up, if your in for a laugh..... maybe I'll post it.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Yaaaaaaaaahoooooooooo I just started up the vette today, It's been stored for about 17 years and hasn't been started in well over 5 years. Hey ...it's a start. now I have to change the transmision gasket and filter, then it's the brakes. One step at a time. Car doesn't idle worth #$%@ and I believe it has a vacuum leak........but hey it started. The whole garage filled up with smoke and it travelled onto the streets. My neigbours where wondering what the heck was sitting under that car cover for close to 20 years. I think they were as surprised that it started as I was..........For those who can relate.......Thanks!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
INTIMIDATOR ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's Awesome! Now the fun begins. You did say your the original owner so... just remember about the good time's in the Vette!
Old 04-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcolme to the C3 forum, post pictures when you can.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:18 AM
mooneyd
Drifting

Good work on the start up Now that it's alive your going to have to keep feeding it Hope you can have it out in time to enjoy the summer. Good luck and welcome aboard
Old 04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Remembering the good times is what made me want to shock that heart into pumping again. And they were good....As for pictures I'm actually to embarased to show any because of the condition it's in right now and the fact that I don't know how I can get them from digital to this post. Feeding it is what's worrying me right now, cause it has one H@#$ of an apetite. Must of been all those years of being alone in that garage without even a hello. Thanks moon..... Bang.....Intimid.......
Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
Remembering the good times is what made me want to shock that heart into pumping again. And they were good....As for pictures I'm actually to embarased to show any because of the condition it's in right now and the fact that I don't know how I can get them from digital to this post. Feeding it is what's worrying me right now, cause it has one H@#$ of an apetite. Must of been all those years of being alone in that garage without even a hello. Thanks moon..... Bang.....Intimid.......
Mine was in storage for 15 years. Drained the gas,replaced all fuel rubber lines,fuel pump,cranked engine over(not starting) with fresh oil including one quart of Risoline,then fired the turkey off. It ran,but smoked a little due to valve seals,and then cleaned up.
Since then (2002) have been doing what I call a "rolling" restoration.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

What I find funny is that it started up with the fuel I had stored in the tank for over 15 years. I filled up the tank at that time thinking it would possibly reduce the amount of condensation build up. I don't know if I'm doing any damage by running it will the old fuel, but hey it starts.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Did the same with my bass boat once. But advise draining old fuel out if you get a chance.Your fuel filter should be changed also,after draining.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:31 PM
carl a
Safety Car

welcome!!!---------

Quick Reply: Introductions.