Sponsored by:

Re-doing Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Raider2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re-doing Suspension

I've been reading the posts at Corvette Forum for awhile but this is my first posting. After under the hood upgrades, new tires and wheels, rebuilt front end suspension and some interior improvements, I'm ready to get the rear suspension and trailing arms rebuilt. Several of you mention buying parts from VB&P or Van Steel. Anyone have any experience with a company called Fast Corvette? Since their prices are competitive and they don't charge for shipping or have core charges, I am tempted to purchase several items from them. Your experiences, good or bad, with them or other suppliers would be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:30 AM
bertmeister
Pro

Van Steel rebuilt my differential with new 3:31 gears and rebuilt both trailing arms. Also bought the poly suspension kit for front and rear from Van Steel.
VBP supplied the 330# rear spring, the 460# front springs, and the o-ring calipers.
Very satisfied with both Companies and great people to work with.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
67tripwr
Team Owner

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont know Fast Vette, but dealt Vette Brakes for years, and very happy after many rebuilds!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Chopper Larry
Le Mans Master

Not sure what you more experienced guys think, but I went the entire route on the rear: new yokes, bearings, seals for the diff; new spring and mounting plate, rebuild struts and trailings arms, and new spindles.

It has always seemed to me that a few new parts cause the older ones to die quicker.

Get notified of new replies

To Re-doing Suspension

Quick Reply: Re-doing Suspension