Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started My 68 First time in 3 years!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
chadman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Started My 68 First time in 3 years!!!

I finally got my 68 Vert back together and started for the first time. Still have a few odds and ends to attend to before driving her but she is a whole new animal. New 383, converted back to 4spd, installed steeroids kit, becool alum radiator and new poly front bushings. Oh yeah, and a new Holley StreetAvenger carb!! She sounds awesome thru the hooker sidepipes, I can't wait to take her out on the TOWN!!! Lots of new underhood sparkle too. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I was beginning to think I would never put her back together.

Last edited by chadman; 05-15-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Glad to hear you got it back on the road again. Sure makes all of those years of hard work seem worth while. You could almost see you smile in that post. Congrats on getting it running again. Now go out there and drive it.

Then when you get done, come back here and post some pics.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:38 AM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Chadman,
Congratulations on getting it running. I know the feeling, as it took me 8 years to get my 68 running and it is now in the body shop for paint. Can't wait to get my baby back. Have owned it since 1972 and looking forward to getting it all back together and having it on the road by next spring.
Enjoy that new motor,
Kurt
Old 05-03-2005, 05:12 PM
R1234
Melting Slicks

Congratulations on all the hard work! It took me a few years to get mine on the road too.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
chadman
Racer

OK, I've been around the block a couple of times!! All is well except I'm having a little binding with the steeroids universals, will need more adjusting I think! Need front alignment and a trip to the emission station I heard that Arizona passed a bill to not require emission testing on collector insured classics but can't find any info on it. Went to DMV and the nasty woman at the desk rudely told me she heard nothing about it. Anyone know if that bill passed? Have any of the details such as when it take affect?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
chadman
Racer

Default Breaking in new engine!!!

Well I have a little over a hundred miles on her now!! I'm lovin it I can't believe that I let the rebuild drag on so long, It is great to be back in the drivers seat. I LOVE THIS CAR!! I installed the steeroids r&p while I had it down. What a difference!! Best enhancement I have made. I recommend it highly. The local Vette club is having a run to the mountains next Saturday and I hope to make it with them. Should be a lot of fun to motor up the mountain with the top down and a huge smile on my face!!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:36 AM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Congratulations!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:35 AM
corvettecris
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great. I sort of feel you... I had my 68 Vert resto project for quite some time, and I just couldn't finish the job. I finally sold her, but picked up a nice 69 coupe, and it turned everything around. Now, instead of welding rockers and sanding rust, I'm polishing aluminum and applying wax. I like the latter much better.

Get notified of new replies

To Started My 68 First time in 3 years!!!

Quick Reply: Started My 68 First time in 3 years!!!