Sponsored by:

Napa/echlin Nitrofill Float

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Napa/echlin Nitrofill Float

I've been calling around trying to find this part (I live in southern Ontario) for a Rochester Quadrajet (p/n 17080291 2849 CYJ) and was that I could only get the Napa part from Napa. When I called them, they told me that the number was no good! And I was reading it right off the carb! I was hoping to pick it up today so I could rebuild it tomorrow. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

To the bst of my recollection that is a Qjet number and not a Napa number. They have a book with those parts listing your given number.
Try a different Napa and make sure they look in the carb book.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
LABulldog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a carb kit and new float (both Echlin) from NAPA a week ago. I gave the salesman my carb number and he went to a particular book (carb book?) to verify the correct kit for my carb. Like "guppie" said, try another NAPA and make sure they look in the proper book. Good Luck!

Jay
Old 05-03-2005, 06:31 PM
jnthn84
7th Gear

Default Q Jet

Hey whats going on man. I've dealt with my share of Q jet problems. I got mine of my 76 rebuilt and still couldn't figure out how to get it tuned in right, I ended up getting an edelbrock.

but anyways I've still got it sitting in my garage.. I dont know what part you need but if I got it you can have it. That thing has been nothing but trouble to me.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:31 PM
RATT7
Pro

I bought my rebuild kit from Napa and was also able to source my float through them for my 1980 rochester. I checked your p/n 17080291 at this site http://www.carburetion.com/Kits/Kitsbynumber.asp
and it is valid - call Napa back or go over there and find out what they are doing - When I purchased my rebuild kit from them they had listings for the floats and power pistons to. By the way, when I needed to get a power piston for my 1976 truck I had to tell the guy that he does have a book and listing for the part, sometimes the front desk guys dont know everything - Let us know how it works out

Last edited by RATT7; 05-03-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

RATT7,I tried the carb number below in the link that you posted below with and without spaces and it came back "no records returned". This carb is giving me a bad headache....litterally... I need to take some asprins and try to get some sleep...Talk to you all later and thanks for your help.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Packy76
Instructor

Originally Posted by jnthn84
Hey whats going on man. I've dealt with my share of Q jet problems. I got mine of my 76 rebuilt and still couldn't figure out how to get it tuned in right, I ended up getting an edelbrock.

but anyways I've still got it sitting in my garage.. I dont know what part you need but if I got it you can have it. That thing has been nothing but trouble to me.
If your thinking about selling that carb ...how much?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

I found out why I got such a wicked headache, it was because of the degreaser fumes. I was cleaning it in the laundry room for about 5 days. It ended up that 2 others also got a headache. By the way.......thanks for the offer jnthn84, but it looks like someone is interested in your carb....go for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Napa/echlin Nitrofill Float

Quick Reply: Napa/echlin Nitrofill Float