Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:09 AM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
Is Ecklers not a "Supporting Vendor"? I can't believe the mods haven't locked this thread already!!!

They are but they don't offer a forum discount
Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 AM
kona
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Ecklers a bunch w/o any problems.

Kona
Old 07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
theesir
Instructor

I'm about to place an order with Volunteer Vette Products, any feedback on them would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:03 AM
75 Hot One
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theesir
I'm about to place an order with Volunteer Vette Products, any feedback on them would be appreciated.
I just ordered once from them- some steering parts. Excellent service.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Glenn"Mr.Blue"Smith
Drifting

I've been dealing with Eckler's since they were a small company back in the late 70's. I live just up US-1 about 50 min away, and do both p/u and let them ship. They had their high point about the late 80's- mid 90's. They built this hugh building, had great club shows and support, and carried almost anything your vette needed, including building wild custom body panels etc. I've had (mostly) great luck with them, but have noticed in the past 10 years they have really slipped. They sold that hugh glass building they had build, and now only have a small corner in what they still use as their warehouse in an old metal row building. Most all of the other buildings they use to have are no long associated with them, including the car dealership they were part of for a while next door. What I'm saying is, the mighty have fallen. They are just a small fish in a hugh pond anymore. A LOT of the stuff you order, they now get from other vendors and ship it to you, which is why the delivery and wait has gotten so bad. It pains me to see what they have now become, for I have many fond memories of the great times we all had there in the past. I get a business discount of 20%, but as someone else above stated, their prices are no longer as good as others, so not really a great deal anymore either. FYI
Old 07-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Randexter
Instructor

yeah ecklers just sucks when it comes to customer service, not too lng ago i ordered smart struts from ecklers and after 2 weeks of nothing i give them a call and come to find out that they had been back ordered and it would take at least another 2 weeks so i got smart and went striaght to vette brakes. truth of the matter is I didnt mind that they got back ordered but i did mind that they never let me know, personaly I like corvette central they have great customer service and parts from them never seem to take to long to get to me.

Quick Reply: Ecklers