Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All weatherstrip equal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:09 PM
bitner23
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is all weatherstrip created equal?

Hi all, just wondering if all weatherstrip is created equal?going to start the project soon, and was wondering if there is any good advice out there on where to purchase,corvette central,corvette america,corvette rubber,ecklers?
Thanx in advance

Last edited by bitner23; 07-22-2005 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't buy the least expensive kit, you get what you pay for.....Ecklers offers them individually. Call the sales-person and ask for the better seals.
Try soff-seal. I had good luck with them, too
Old 07-22-2005, 09:47 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

YIKES!

Stay away from Ecklers!

Corvetteworx here on the Forum has some great deals on the same weatherstrip as Evil Ecklers carries. Wilcox is also a great and reasonable company to work with. It is CRC brand and pretty much everyone carries it. There are two different qualities (warrantys) of the product and it's probably better to spend the extra bucks which would probably make your next set free.

As far as "correctness" I think CRC is pretty good but you might want to check "Soff Seal" as I heard they were going to be making Corvette weatherstrip.

STW!

Platato
Old 07-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Retro78
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by platato
YIKES!

Stay away from Ecklers!

Corvetteworx here on the Forum has some great deals on the same weatherstrip as Evil Ecklers carries. Wilcox is also a great and reasonable company to work with. It is CRC brand and pretty much everyone carries it. There are two different qualities (warrantys) of the product and it's probably better to spend the extra bucks which would probably make your next set free.

As far as "correctness" I think CRC is pretty good but you might want to check "Soff Seal" as I heard they were going to be making Corvette weatherstrip.

STW!

Platato
I agree big time. The original set I bought turned hard within a year(bought from a major vendor)...I had to strip it all off and start again. The 'corvette rubber' brand is also very good.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corvetteworx sells Corvette Rubber......that is the best brand. Just contact Scott at Corvetteworx and he will hook you up....

Don't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to weatherstrip.

Get notified of new replies

To All weatherstrip equal?

Quick Reply: All weatherstrip equal?