Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecklers Should Be Removed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 03:27 PM
pmurray
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchase parts from the place that has the best customer service reguardless of price. Sales tax collected and paid to your state will benifit you the tax payer in the long run.
I own a small retail business myself and the customers that get the best service are the loyal ones. Customers that are cheap don't.
Hope this wasn't too harsh on anyone.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
surfshark
Pro

"I own a small retail business myself and the customers that get the best service are the loyal ones.'

I agree. I called the local Corvette shop (Richard's Corvette) today for advice on wax and polishing compound for my car, and he told me to drive by and he'll give me some free if I bring my container, because the brand he recommends comes in large quantities. I also ordered center caps from him. He always has good used parts around and actually tries to help me save money. I know not everyone has a shop like this in their town though.

The same goes for parts. I call the local speed shop for parts (although I also use Summit sometimes), because the salesman races Chevys and he will spend as much time as I have to share experience or advice with me. Just can't beat a good local supplier in my opinion. Good customer service is becoming a lost art at many companies which is sad considering all of the jobs that go offshore these days.

Last edited by surfshark; 07-30-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Tall Boy
Burning Brakes

I have not had a problem with them yet, but now have concerns
Old 07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
kona
Drifting

Guess I am one of the lucky few. I have used Ecklers a bunch w/o any problems. Guess I better run to the store and buy a Lotto.

Kona
Old 07-31-2005, 12:38 AM
oregonsharkman
Melting Slicks

Received 938 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by supervette77
This is the exact reason why I never ordered anything from them. I have read and heard so much negative feedback about them, I figure why be their next victim. Their prices are as high or higher than anyone else and they really soak you on shipping. I use Zip & Corvette Central and have been very happy with both of them.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:55 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kona
Guess I am one of the lucky few. I have used Ecklers a bunch w/o any problems. Guess I better run to the store and buy a Lotto.

Kona
I've never had any problems with them...
Old 07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
PhotoVette1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had anything but great service from any of the Corvette suppliers actually.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:55 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

I won't buy from ECKLERS because of $5. I ordered a fuel sender from them for ~260 bucks. No one else had one mid, zip,etc. They told me that someone had taken the gasket it comes with out of the box. I asked him to verify they had one since the listed quantity 1 in inventory. He told me I would have to pay another 5 bucks for a f*cking gasket it was supposed come with. So much for cust service. I ordered to get the car on the road and forgot em. I throw their damned catalog full of jewelry in the garbage when it comes.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:09 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Ohh and I doubt it will ever be removed. As longs as they pay their advertising bill to this place I don't guess it matters. That's what it's all about.....money.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:02 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The damaged package that the parts fell out...I doubt the vendor used that box, more than likely the shipper's misshanding of the package resulted in parts falling out.

Quick Reply: Ecklers Should Be Removed!