Sponsored by:

Ecklers Should Be Removed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 08:23 PM
1980 454
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecklers Should Be Removed!

Well where do i begin ? ive orderd most of my parts from ecklers in the past year my first order they forgot one part next order, one part had to be returned becuase it was wrecked,next order half my stuff fell out of the box on delivery damaging a new half shaft which was on back order for months the other half shaft i got came in a tube i thought perfect deffinitly no dents now (wrong) bigger than the one that fell out of the box! and most of the stuff i got was from another parts place VBP.I must have called about a million times with crappy service when i did get someone on the line.The final order or rather an order i made about four months prior for stub axles they said yup its in stock and should be shipped rthe next day....next day nothing i call and oops we dont have that part yet thats fine a month goes by finally the part comes in so i have it sent 3 day shipping i was so happy finally my last part it arrives to no suprise its the wrong !@#$% part!the only good thing that came out of this horrible experience was a free carpet set witch doesnt fit very good anyways now today i get a bill for 40 dollars from fed ex for the darn stub axle that was the wrong one i wasnt going to lay it down becuase i kind of like the chick from international sales linda but after today i could give a !@#$ to sum it up STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ECKLERS AT ALL COST and save yourself a big headach my car should have been on the road months ago and i think ECKLERS should be taken off the vendors list.atleast once a month i see the same thread about the crap people go through with theese clowns i think its time to give them the boot! oh i forgot all the parts that were missing or probably fell out of the box in shipping.I rest my case once again BUYER BEWARE ! IF YOU READ THIS SORRY LINDA BUT WHAT CAN I SAY ECKLERS SUCKS.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:36 PM
RC73
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all of the neg. feedback I hear on this forum about their parts and sevrice, I've decided that I would not order from them. I may have to pay more somewhere else, but I would rather pay more and support a company that know that customer service and quality parts are important for repeat business.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 PM
1980 454
Racer

Originally Posted by RC73
With all of the neg. feedback I hear on this forum about their parts and sevrice, I've decided that I would not order from them. I may have to pay more somewhere else, but I would rather pay more and support a company that know that customer service and quality parts are important for repeat business.
Actually youd probably end up paying more for parts from ecklers they order there parts from other vender and jack the price on them!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:57 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Never had the pleasure dealing with Ecklers...Use Zip and Mid America Designs..
Old 07-29-2005, 09:43 PM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think most people here have already had bad service from them so they don't order from them anymore.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:48 PM
SkunkApe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vote with your wallets, people.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
RC73
Pro

Originally Posted by 1980 454
Actually youd probably end up paying more for parts from ecklers they order there parts from other vender and jack the price on them!
I don't even compare their prices since that have so much neg feedback here on the forum. I know that I'm not going to order from them, so I don't even waste my time going to their web site.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Lee H
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I gave up on Ecklers about two years ago.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Glassbowtie77
Melting Slicks

This is the exact reason why I never ordered anything from them. I have read and heard so much negative feedback about them, I figure why be their next victim. Their prices are as high or higher than anyone else and they really soak you on shipping. I use Zip & Corvette Central and have been very happy with both of them.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:45 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Many, many years ago when there were almost no vendors selling C3 parts, there was Ecklers. When I say many years ago, I'm talking about the early 1970's. I bought a L88 hood with air plenum chambers from Ecklers in 1974. I've bought stuff from Ecklers over the years up until a few months ago. I understand that the traditional Ecklers has been bought out recently and is now being operated by new management. If this is the situation, maybe the new management isn't up to speed yet. If I'm incorrect about this I'd be happy to know what their management situation is.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:47 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is Ralph Eckler when we need him?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:51 PM
72rdstr
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Forwarded link to Ecklers. Let's see if they have anything to say...
Old 07-29-2005, 10:52 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:00 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
St. Jude Donor '05

Once again,

AVIOD ECKLERS AT ALL COSTS! THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR VETTE! ......And go to great lengths to prove the issue.

STW!

Platato
Old 07-29-2005, 11:02 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

"1980 454" I am sorry to say, that some of your dealings with Eckler's was brought upon by yourself. There are NUMEROUS vendors out there to call. So whenever you order anything, before you give the salesperson any credit card info, ALWAYS ask about the availabilty of what you ordered. If anything is on backorder either cancell that one part or the entire order. And then get on the phone with the next vendor on your list. If no one else on "the planet" has that particular part you need and Eckler's has the best price, then I can understand. But you could have cancelled the Eckler's order at anytime and placed an order with a different vendor that might get it to you sooner.

I personally do not deal much with Eckler's because it is located in the same state where I live...sales tax But the dealings I have had were not bad. ALWAYS C.Y.A. (ask if the part is in stock, confirm the current price, YOU tell them how you want it shipped).

I am by NO means defending Eckler's.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Jack71
Drifting

IBTL

I have to agree. Ecklers is no value add company. Although I do use their catalog as a reference book and then find the manufacturer of the product they resell.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers Should Be Removed!

Old 07-29-2005, 11:45 PM
lucky76
Racer

Originally Posted by LOTAHP
"1980 454" I am sorry to say, that some of your dealings with Eckler's was brought upon by yourself. There are NUMEROUS vendors out there to call. So whenever you order anything, before you give the salesperson any credit card info, ALWAYS ask about the availabilty of what you ordered. If anything is on backorder either cancell that one part or the entire order. And then get on the phone with the next vendor on your list. If no one else on "the planet" has that particular part you need and Eckler's has the best price, then I can understand. But you could have cancelled the Eckler's order at anytime and placed an order with a different vendor that might get it to you sooner.

I personally do not deal much with Eckler's because it is located in the same state where I live...sales tax But the dealings I have had were not bad. ALWAYS C.Y.A. (ask if the part is in stock, confirm the current price, YOU tell them how you want it shipped).

I am by NO means defending Eckler's.
Maybe you should read his post again.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 AM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lucky76
Maybe you should read his post again.

I read that LOTA chit is on B.O. and when he finally gets it, its wrong or comes in damaged and already being pissed because it was on B.O. its now wrong also. DO NOT order chit when its on B.O.unless no one else has it. Too much time goes by giving it a better chance of getting screwed up one way or another. I also have no idea (for example) why ANYONE would order VBP from anyone else other than VBP.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:33 AM
surfshark
Pro

In Charleston where I live, there are two excellent Corvette paint and repair shops that also sell parts. I may have to pay sales tax, but I have the benefit of buying parts from someone who has been through the good and bad of purchasing, delivery, quality, and fitment. Right now, I'm waiting for one of them who is getting ready to try out a new company for dashpads. If it fits well for him and is a reasonable price, I'll buy it. They are always on top of what is new and available because of the number of Corvettes they work on. I know there isn't a 'Vette shop in every town, but just thought I'd share my experience with this. I can walk in the door and examine what has been ordered before I pay for it and it was recommended by the shop in town anyway.

Quick Reply: Ecklers Should Be Removed!