Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally! A REALLY stupid question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 09:42 AM
any4xx
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Finally! A REALLY stupid question...

Okay guys, we have all posted a question at one time or another and prefaced it with, "I know this is a stupid question, but..." Well, this time, it really is!

I finally got the jack storage parts for my '73. The clips were still on the compartment floor so I only have to figure out what to do with the spring with the ram-horn-looking clip on the end and the "jack handle grommet." Obviously, the spring goes over the jack & attaches to the two floor clips, but WTH is with the big old double-hook-looking clip on one end of the spring all about? Is it supposed to clip around something or does one end hook to the floor while the other floats in space? And the grommet? I'm sure it's to keep the handle from rattling, but does it slide into the channel or get slipped over the skinny part?

Okay, admit it. This IS a stupid question, right? I'd think that sticking a jack to the floor would be the easiest thing to figure out. Any help out there?

Thanks, Tom

EDIT!!! Crap! I was in tech/perf & tought I was in general. Mods to the rescue???
Old 07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
GaryS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite the fact that the clip has two loops or hooks, you only use one of them to hook into the grommet on the floor.

Gary
Old 07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
any4xx
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

So, just like it's sitting now, spring end under one floor hook, other end of the spring with the double-hook-thingie has one of its hooks under the other floor hook and the other end swinging in the breeze?

If so, who's great idea was THAT?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The same company that created the "Cross_Fire" engine, 68 push-button doors , Collector edition hatch-back hinges, and the 454 that came in the 74 vette.....
Old 07-31-2005, 08:50 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by big_G
The same company that created the "Cross_Fire" engine, 68 push-button doors , Collector edition hatch-back hinges, and the 454 that came in the 74 vette.....
Let's not forget the wiper door that hides the wipers and only sometimes works correctly.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:33 AM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I LOVE my "Robo-cop" wiper doors

Get notified of new replies

To Finally! A REALLY stupid question...

Quick Reply: Finally! A REALLY stupid question...