C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing My Respect For "Corvette Fever Mag"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
1970 Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
Because I need something Vette related to read when on the
crapper (wife won't allow me to take the laptop in the bathroom with me ... )

Try taking a model Corvette in there with you and make Vrooom Vrrrrooom noises with it--will help cover up any other noises

SEMPER FI--
Old 08-10-2005, 10:38 AM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I just got my last issue after 20 years. I like the first couple of years the best. The last few years were not only bad but they contained wrong information that a guy could wreck something on his car. Best one: A "pro" vette mechanic setting vette rear bearing end play by feel because he has done so many!!!!!! He could feel the difference between .001 and .003" no way I'll ever buy that.

CF get $24 a year now compared to $10 for Hot Rod or Car Craft- sorry the mag isn't worth that.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by gtr1999
I just got my last issue after 20 years. I like the first couple of years the best. The last few years were not only bad but they contained wrong information that a guy could wreck something on his car. Best one: A "pro" vette mechanic setting vette rear bearing end play by feel because he has done so many!!!!!! He could feel the difference between .001 and .003" no way I'll ever buy that.

CF get $24 a year now compared to $10 for Hot Rod or Car Craft- sorry the mag isn't worth that.
Gary, not only that, the best experienced people working on their C3s and sharing it with others...problems, how to's. which vendor to purchase from, etc., is all RIGHT HERE-no magazines needed.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:39 AM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I dropped them when my subscription ran out at the beginning of the year.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Originally Posted by gtr1999
I dropped them a couple of years ago when they tried to hit me up for $29.95 for a years renewal.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:51 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default My only corvette mag.

Well i still enjoy that rag. I guess i just don't read it that closely to see the mistakes. But i really like thier current "Project Shark" and waiting for the dyno results on thier 383 stroker with L89 heads (oops maybe thier L98 heads :o ). BTW they said the "Project Shark" series is now on thier website for free.
But the reality is i haven't found anything else out there that i like to read. Not trying to be the contrarian here but each month i get auction prices, a dedicated C3 tech section that i can ask questions or write them for clarification. And a look at all vette models - C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6 - that i would never pay for separate mags to read. Had good luck with thier vendors too - don't recognize any cheezie e-bay motor companies.
CF seems to have run more C3 articles just recently. cardo0
Old 08-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

CF still seems to have at least on C3 article each month. I don't mind the rehashing, and there are more and more modifieds being shown which I find interesting.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:46 PM
mooneyd
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by platato
I've been kicking around the idea of starting a C3 only newsletter with the hope it would become popular enough to justify a magazine someday. We have got a lot of talented people here (Lars, the Pauls, LT1 etc.) who would make great tech guys. Lord knows there's enough beautiful cars here to have a never ending supply of feature stories.

Here's what I was thinking would look good by section

1. Performance mods & tuning tuning
2. Classifieds
3. Features on three model years per issue (i.e. early C3, middle C3 & late C3)
4. System rebuild (stock)
5. System rebuild (performance upgrade)
6. Factory correct restoration
7. Tips, tricks & tools
8. Subscriber submitted stories
9. Humor/comics
10. Interiors
11. Suspension
12. Drivetrain
13. Top notch vendors

Let me know what you think. Should anything be added? What do you think the interest would be? Is anyone interested in being part of something llike this?

Anyway, it's just a thought and a possible remedy to the weak C3 coverage in the usual Corvette magazines. I even thought it would be neat to team up with the Forum itself and do this as a companion to it.

STW!

Platato
What about body work/paint?
Sounds like a great idea. I'd buy it in a minute.

Quick Reply: Loosing My Respect For "Corvette Fever Mag"...