Sponsored by:

you know what really chaps my ass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:59 PM
James1970
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad:

Sage Norval's comments are right-on. Only other comment I would have is that people judge you on how you speak, write and present yourself. Master these three and you will be a "winner" regardless of what you're driving.

FYI: I drove a 69' Mach I in H.S. (Purchased for $1,500 in 75'. Graduated in 77') and it WAS the nicest (although not the fastest) car in the entire school. Nobody gave a ***t.

Final comment, you will find in life that women worth dating could care less what you drive (That reality still amazes me). My wife even let me keep my 70' when we got married and encouraged me to restore it as she knew how much I enjoyed it (Am I blessed?). Therefore, drive what you like my friend.

Good Luck and enjoy your Senior year.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Fastbackl48
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a little story. My 73' ( which I payed 12k )for was parked next to a nice 50 thosand dollar C5 at the last car show. Guess who got more attention? The $12,000 Stingray. Moral of story is, due to modern production standards, automobile manufacturers will never be able to replicate the gorgeous curves of an antique corvette. Besides if this guy's Z-28 is so hot, then why did GM kill it. The C3 body lasted 14 years!

Quick Reply: you know what really chaps my ass?