Pay it forward; Thanks BrettMC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pay it forward; Thanks BrettMC

All,
I just wanted to remind everyone of the generosity and helpfulness of forum members. I came to my hometown (Jackson, MS) on August 5th to work on the body of the Moneypit. I did not have much time to play with the mechanicals, and do not have a lot of experience rebuilding a Holley. BrettMC offered to rebuild the Holley. I supplied the rebuild kit, and Brett rebuilt it on a Sunday afternoon, and gave it back to me in less than 24 hours of giving it to him. All at a grand total of notta, zip.

I gotta say that I gave Brett chicken @#$% for a carb, and he returned chicken salad. As I told Brett, the carb basically acted as a intake manifold cover for 2 years, collecting all manner of grunge. I bolted the carb on, and it ran flawlessly after the rebuild. Brett, I ran it a little on Friday and Saturday, and it has more throttle response than when I bought the car three and half years ago. I will try to post pics of the body. Finally it is all one color again (primer), although I prefer to call it more of the hip name "rat rod". Hopefully it will be Daytona Yellow by next week.

I owe Brett, and the forum, so in an effort to pay it forward, if any of you guys are in St. Louis, and need a hand, give me a shout.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 AM
grayhook
Pro

Glad to here it worked good for you, I know Brett will be glad to hear it. We help each other out a lot. He did a jam up job on mine too.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Grayhook
I hope he sees the post, I thanked in person, but wanted to send a thanks over the forum as well. Also, what color yellow is your car. I just had a Sikkens mix for Daytona yellow. It looks very similar to yours, in color. I guess in order to keep this administratively pure, could you give me the code for the color of yellow . Now, it is officially a technical issue.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

thats what being a friend and fellow entuhsiast is all about!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
grayhook
Pro

it's stock 79 yellow, paint code 52. I bet that Daytona yellow will look good!
Brett will prob'ly see it tonight, he had to go to chicago for work. tue. and will be in late tonight.
Looks like i got drafted to help him with replace'n his valve seals this weekend. but that's ok, i'ed ask if he wanted help anyway.
Be sure to let us know if you need a little help with your's. We enjoy get'n together and help'n out!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Yellow73SB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

hehe im 14 and ive rebuilt holleys already
Old 08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by yellow73sb
hehe im 14 and ive rebuilt holleys already

want real fun and torture??? try a Qjet and make it run right! (unless your name is Lars!)
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Yellow73SB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Aflac
want real fun and torture??? try a Qjet and make it run right! (unless your name is Lars!)
i doubt i could to that . but i did build the 355 in our car with some help from my dads freind. i blue printed it with his gauge and stuff. im still amzed it runs
Old 08-18-2005, 06:23 PM
grayhook
Pro

Originally Posted by Aflac
i asked Brett if he wanted to give my old Qjet a try, he said not no, but HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!! guess he's not in to torture!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad that carb worked out for you. Keep us posted on the paint progress. Actually, I'd like to see how it looks now. Oh, have you made a decision on your wheels yet?

Brett

Get notified of new replies

To Pay it forward; Thanks BrettMC

Quick Reply: Pay it forward; Thanks BrettMC