Sponsored by:

DeWitts

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Eric R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DeWitts

Anyone else having troubles getting DeWitts to ship parts? Placed an order 8 days ago, my account has not been debited nor have I received shipping notice. Email went unreplied and they do not answer the phone.

Just wondering if this is normal for them.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:06 PM
The Green Hornet
Melting Slicks

Location: Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer. Wisconsin
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I ordered a rad. & electric fan setup from them, had no problems,
fairly fast shipping, good service etc.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:46 PM
greg454
Burning Brakes

I just called them the other day. They answered the phone right away, no issues.

greg.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:02 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

They didn't get the order I originally placed online. It was a technical problem. I called and it shipped out the next business day.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
71SoCal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a direct-fit radiator two weeks ago and got it about a week later. I actually just ordered the dual SPAL set-up this morning, but Tom told me it probably wouldn't ship until Tuesday, which is understandable.

I agree that sometimes when you call, no one answers the phone. It eventually goes to message, but you'd really like to talk to a "real" person during business hours. When I do get through, Tom is very helpful and pleasant, but I do feel like he's in a hurry to get off the phone. He seems like a very busy guy, and it seems like he could use a little more help around there.

Everybody raves about the products, so I guess I'll deal with the inconvenience to get the goods.

Just my two cents...
Old 09-02-2005, 07:39 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

I had no problems with an order I placed in the past Get someone on the phone, I'm sure they'll figure out what's going on
Old 09-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I would give Tom a call and talk with him. When I placed my order Tom answered the phone and we spoke about what I wanted out of a radiator and he gave his suggestions. It came in about a week later and has been working great ever since.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
mandm1200
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Eddie 70
I would give Tom a call and talk with him. When I placed my order Tom answered the phone and we spoke about what I wanted out of a radiator and he gave his suggestions. It came in about a week later and has been working great ever since.
I purchased an alum radiator over a year ago. Called and Tom answered. Turned out that my late 76 had the same setup as the 77. After measuring, called back, placed the order, and it shipped the same day. Doesn't get any better than that!
Well it was. Tom had a group purchase at the time, 15% off and free shipping.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:13 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric R
Anyone else having troubles getting DeWitts to ship parts? Placed an order 8 days ago, my account has not been debited nor have I received shipping notice. Email went unreplied and they do not answer the phone.

8 days ago was.... when? You might have gotten lost or delayed by Tom's trip to and from Carlisle. Customer service is his #1 priority because he knows full well how quickly people will post complaints online if they don't get what they want!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:13 AM
80 Black Vette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

No difficulty with DeWitts when I dealt with him. First class customer service and product. Highly recommended, in my opinion.

80 Black Vette
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 AM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Customer service is his #1 priority because he knows full well how quickly people will post complaints online if they don't get what they want!
Intersting. When I wanted to get dual spals, I talked to Tom a couple of times on the phone. Each time we spoke, he sounded like he was in too much of a hurry to get off the phone, to carry on an intelligent conversation. He was bound and determined to sell me a $600 radiator than the fan setup.

I got the spals elsewhere, and my whole cooling problem disappeared. And my cost was $45 less than Tom quoted me for them.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
8 days ago was.... when? You might have gotten lost or delayed by Tom's trip to and from Carlisle.
yep; he had practically the entire crew @ Carlisle this year.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:18 PM
69vettester
Pro

Im going to be getting the direct fit with spal fan for my 69sb soon. Ive always thought Dewitt's was the way to go and have visited his Web site many times to see the products and pics. After all the positive remarks , Ill be calling Tom as soon as I get going with new engine upgrade and radiator.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:43 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 69vettester
Im going to be getting the direct fit with spal fan for my 69sb soon. Ive always thought Dewitt's was the way to go and have visited his Web site many times to see the products and pics. After all the positive remarks , Ill be calling Tom as soon as I get going with new engine upgrade and radiator.
Top notch - never had a problem with their products or delivery. Tom has always been helpful when I spoke with him.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Al77Vette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pws69
Top notch - never had a problem with their products or delivery. Tom has always been helpful when I spoke with him.
One week from order to delivery and fits perfectly.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric R

It's not normal, but true. We have been a little slow getting things out the last couple weeks. August is by far our busiest month of the year and then throw in the biggest Corvette show (Carlisle) and we are going nuts for a few weeks. My welders were working seven days a week, 10 hours a day. The week before Carlisle I put in about 90 hours trying to get orders out and prep for the show. I painted 145 radiators in six days, many times until 10-11 pm.

I know, everyone's going to say "hire more people" but the problem is that in about another week or so, we go much slower for the rest of the year. If you've ever run a business, hiring new people can sometimes hurt you, rather than help.

As far as the comments about the phone, messages, and attitude go I'm at a loss as to what to do with that. Yes, I'm busy and sometimes I need to keep the calls brief so I can answer the next one. It seems that the calls always come in butches, rather than spread through out the day. I only have one line, so if I'm on the phone, it flips to voice mail. I try to return each message but I'd say that 90% of the people I call back are no longer at that number when I call back. I get a lot of compliments that I handle all the incoming calls so I don't want to hire a secretary that can't answer technical questions, tried that.

Eric, I looked up your order for the SP460 fan package. Your email is dated 8-25-05 at 6:40 am. We were closed 8-25 thru 8-29 for Carlisle. So technically your order is only four (4) days old. I will ship it out on Tuesday, ups doesn't pick up on labor day. I took Friday (9-2) off and went up north with my family, which by the way is the first vacation day I had this year. I spent most of last week returning phone calls that we missing and a butch from the show and I just couldn't get everyones order shipped out.

So here I am, sunday night working again. I'll be at the shop all day on monday (labor day) so if anyone else wants to rip on me, just call 810-220-0181, I'll answer.

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 09-04-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Eric R
Instructor

Tom,

Thank you for the update.

My post was never intended to hurt but rather seek information. I have not done business with you in the past so i wasn't sure if this was the norm or not.
Look on the bright side, many people had some very nice things to say about you

Get notified of new replies

To DeWitts

Quick Reply: DeWitts