Sponsored by:

Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Milest
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Center Console

Where is the best place to purchase a center console piece for my 72 4-speed, with light saddle interior. Mine has a crack at the opening of the emergency brake handle.

Thank you,
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always had good luck getting stuff from Corvette Central...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a word of caution. NONE of the repro Park Brake consoles have the exact grain of the original. If your going NCRS, you'll have to search for used.
Eddie
Old 11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Milest
Where is the best place to purchase a center console piece for my 72 4-speed, with light saddle interior. Mine has a crack at the opening of the emergency brake handle.

Thank you,
I'd try Corvette America. When you call, ask if the console they sell is actually made by them. I'm pretty sure their consoles are actually made by them. I've bought some trim pieces from them and the quality and appearance is excellent. The fit on my last pieces, bright medium blue rear quarter panels for my 68 Corvette, were made by them and the fit is good.

Also, does your 72 console have stitching along the sides? If so is the stitching real and not molded in? I was surprised that the stitching on my 70 interior was real, not molded. Until I looked very close, I just assumed the stitching was molded in. When I bought a some repro interior pieces for it, they came with actual real stitching. When inquiring about your repro console, ask about the stitching if this is a relevant issue for your 72.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Milest
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

68-70 vette,

Thank you for your post. My console does in fact have real stitching. After inspection, what I found is that I need the arm rest where the emergency brake is. Not the console.

Thank you.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:23 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought an emergency brake console from a supporting vendor and was dissapointed in the quality. Instead of being a type of fiberglass feel to it, it is a very stiff plastic. Not even the same type of material.

Did I use it....of course! But I know how cheap it really is.

Also...when you buy a new brake console, buy a new rubber strip that goes around the e-brake. I ripped mine trying to put everything back together and had to wait for my repro one to come to complete the job.

kdf

Get notified of new replies

To Center Console

Quick Reply: Center Console