Sponsored by:

Interior fan questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Fstdraw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior fan questions

Just figured out why my (non-air cond.) heater/defroster fan did'nt work well... bad ground. Now that the fan works well again, I don't seem to get much hot air to come out above the instument cluster. Should'nt I get a good volume of air out the vent there. Second, the defroster and heater have the same volume of air coming out of them at all times when the fan is on. I've got no control with the control wheels. Any ideas? I looked at old posts but did'nt find much help there. The car is a '69 coupe. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Fstdraw
Instructor

Thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 01:33 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You should get a pretty good stream coming out above the gauges. I always thought of that as my "hand heater". If you can't control the flow using the wheel, the vacuum system is probably shot. I'd take off the center console and check all the hoses and vacuum valves for leaks.

When I roll my control for heat, I can hear the valves actuating inside the console...

Good luck
Old 12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Fstdraw
Instructor

Thank you. I've owned the car for so long without this paticular system working correctly, that I was not sure what should be happening. I don't know anyone around here that owns a c-3 that I could check with. Thanks for the needed diagnoses, it really helps. Now I've got something else to do over the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Get notified of new replies

To Interior fan questions

Quick Reply: Interior fan questions