Somebody Egged My Vette Overnight

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Originally Posted by Hybrid117
I was on my way to highschool the other day, this little punk in his miata thought he could beat me to the stop sign, no chance with me in the vette. So after we both turned, he thought it would be a great idea to pass me and another car. Well he succeded (I still beat him to school ) till i relized it was this punk that ran my brother and his scout off the road. I took a knife to his top. Mess with the vette, shame on you. Mess with my family, hope you have a written will. Revenge is sooooo sweet.

You've basically turned yourself in by admiting to this on a public forum.

not real smart. If someone wrongs you or your family give the cops a shot at resolving it first.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,813 Likes on 824 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Never in over 30 years of ownership have I had anything happen to my Vette like the stuff I just read. Hope I'm not on borrowed time........
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

Ya'll all sound like you live in the projects with all these cars getting vandalized, which I'm sure is not true. I've had my daily driver broken into once parked right next to my 71 Cutlass under a car cover, when I lived in an apartment complex, but they didn't even touch the Cutlass. I used to leave the keys in whatever collector car was in the garage, with the garage unlocked. I don't do that anymore once I got the Vette, but my garage is very hard to get in and out of.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

yeah, been done that, had that happen to a white 70 bb I owned,on a halloween night, life sucks, but it washes off
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

[QUOTE=Gunn353;1559063932]
Originally Posted by chstitans42
I havent had my vette for long, but this post worries me a little. Besides having an alarm system and a steering wheel lock, what else can you get that can ward away thieves and the like?[/QUOTE

This saved me back when i was in highschool with the vette. Be nice to everyone...dont be cocky because you have a vette. Most kids are going to think you are a spoiled punk whos parents buys him everything. Dont be a show-off, dont hotrod around thinking you are a badass...once people know that you are a cool guy and acually bought the corvette and worked on it with your own money, they will respect that. But if you act like a spoiled punk, they wont and you will have problems with your car guaranteed. On the flip side, if you do those things and make friends in all the social groups, yes ALL the social groups, then you wont only not have problems, but you will notice that other people will protect your car too. It worked for me when i was in that situation.
I'm always nice to thieves. They respond very well to kindness and respect.

Can't understand why my car was still stolen.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

I sympathize...but how does this apply in the tech/Performance section?

Belongs in the General section. Not a tech question/comment.

Dep
Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
deemer
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I just don't get it Why is our society so messed up? Growing up in the 40's and 50's we never had these kinds of problems. The worst thing we did as kids was knock on a door and then take off.

I'm really sorry to hear about your car and those of others that have damage done. To the parent's of this world, Do you know where your kids are?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

Well it wasnt an egg but a snowball that hit my truck. Little fat kid about 16 . Me and another very large friend pounced out of the truck and gave chase screaming our bloody heads off. Poor little clumsy turd tried to run thru the slush and ice and fell so many times we lost count . we were so doubled up laughing we couldnt chase him anymore watching him soaking wet and running for his life was worth it.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Lon Wayne
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vadre vette

When it was still called the Spring Nationals In Columbus Ohio .We came out to my 77 White Vet with tobbacco spit all over the rear end well just goes to show ya some people are shi./.'. I worked my whole life never lived off anyone (But Folks) try to have something nice and that s what happens. It was A While before I took it some where That I had to Leave it For any amount of time.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 AM
nitecruizer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have 2 vettes in our family, a 79 and a 95 but have a carport and our house is visible from the road. Also live in the country with a 95 pound k9 partner, (retired) Bubba and a k9 partner Brodie 90 pounds (active) and our vettes are safe. Nuff said. After an expirence with a 300 pound Buffarrilo I never leave our vettes unattended when we to to town

Cruizer

Quick Reply: Somebody Egged My Vette Overnight